Deal of the Century

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal of the Century

My KV2, which I purchased new back in 06, is no more. Headstock snapped off. My mistake.

I have a friend who has a friend who's selling off his Jackson collection (has a badass custom Kelly with Mike Learn paint job but I don't have the 3500 to shell out for it) in favor of expanding his JEM collection. Yeah, I know.

I bought, just tonight, a 1996 USA RR1 for $500. Mint. This thing has absolutely NO wear. Old strings aside you wouldn't know the thing was ever played. In fact, he says it doesn't even have 20 hours of play total. A 1996. Absolutely stellar condition. $500.

The black finish is hohum but, dude, $500.

Holy shit.

Heck of a deal! Post some pics.

Comment

that's a very nice deal. Sorry to hear about your KV2. Is it beyond repair?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

This thread is lacking in value without photographic representation of said guitar.

In other words...

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
          This thread is lacking in value without photographic representation of said guitar.

In other words...

+1
          yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

I'll get on it tomorrow but I think everybody here knows what a black RR1 looks like. Anyway, U04822 indicates the guitar was made in 97 (according to Jackson's website) but the tag says final inspection took place in 96. Hrmm?

Funny thing is, I paid $2,100 for a brand new KV2 and this mid 90's RR beats the SHIT out of it in terms of playability. This thing rips. One of the most comfortable guitars I've played. I've heard great things about early 90's Pro Series Jacksons, too. Either I got lucky on this one or I'm gonna have to start buying used Jacksons exclusively.

Comment

good news on your score!
              that said, your KV is fixable. even if the headstock snapped completely off.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                good news on your score!
                that said, your KV is fixable. even if the headstock snapped completely off.

sully
                It snapped off at an ugly angle. If it's fixable then I'd love to pursue but I imagine it'll be a costly endeavor. Do tell...

Comment

Originally posted by FatalTragedy View Post
                  Funny thing is, I paid $2,100 for a brand new KV2 and this mid 90's RR beats the SHIT out of it in terms of playability. This thing rips. One of the most comfortable guitars I've played. I've heard great things about early 90's Pro Series Jacksons, too. Either I got lucky on this one or I'm gonna have to start buying used Jacksons exclusively.
                  My '96 SL2 had a narrower and thinner neck profile than my newer Soloists.

For me, the newer guitars are more comfortable... I like a thin neck but there is a fine line where it's suddenly "too thin" and it just makes my hand cramp. I still liked the '96 but it was not my preference.

Anyway, point being, we've all got different sized hands and different profiles are going to feel better or worse to different guys, so I don't think it's a matter of the 90's guitar being better.

And also... Yeah, we've seen a black RR1 but we ain't seen yours so show it off when you get done shredding on it.

Comment

Funny thing is, I paid $2,100 for a brand new KV2 and this mid 90's RR beats the SHIT out of it in terms of playability.
                    not surprising - the Rhoads still has a headstock
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

It snapped off at an ugly angle. If it's fixable then I'd love to pursue but I imagine it'll be a costly endeavor. Do tell...
                      Can you post some pix of the damage? Short of putting it in a woodchipper, there's very little you can do to a guitar that's unfixable.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        not surprising - the Rhoads still has a headstock
                        :ROTF: good one VG

Comment

Damn, beats the $630 SL1 I just got.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Damn - nice score! Hey, if that friend of a friend is off-loading more Jacksons, let me know what he's got.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Damn, beats the $630 SL1 I just got.
                              pics, bitch!

Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X