Black Jackson Strat off for paint!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Jackson Strat off for paint!

This is that 1987 Black Jackson Strat that I snagged a few weeks ago. Here's the last time you will see it looking like this! This body is heading off to Mike Learn, who is going to add a basic design on top of the existing black.

I'm curious how Mike does that. Does he sand off the clear coat, then add the graphic and then clear coat again? Or does he paint right on top of the clear coat? Oh, and what graphic are you getting?
    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Mwaaahahaha I'll never tell. You'll have to wait and see. Matt_B knows, but he's sworn to secrecy.

Comment

Cockdragon!

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          Cockdragon!

Wrong! Although that would kick ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            Mwaaahahaha I'll never tell. You'll have to wait and see. Matt_B knows, but he's sworn to secrecy.
            It's just Rocky Mountain Voodoo. Nothin' fancy.

Comment

cockdragon wrapped around a stabbed poo guitar, floating over a mountain range with a pack of wolves running across the plain in the foreground and the ghostly figure of a mystical blonde in 80s jeans above the whole scene
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                I'm curious how Mike does that. Does he sand off the clear coat, then add the graphic and then clear coat again? Or does he paint right on top of the clear coat? Oh, and what graphic are you getting?
                In general, the clear has to be scuffed lightly before spraying basecoat. If you try to sand the clear off you will most likely sand through the color and expose primer. This could add an extra step or two to the process which most people want to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  c.....with a pack of wolves running across the plain in the foreground...
                  Heh, that gives me an idea. Now I have a half a mind to get the 3 wolves painted on a guitar.

Last edited by Matt_B; 01-18-2010, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    cockdragon wrapped around a stabbed poo guitar, floating over a mountain range with a pack of wolves running across the plain in the foreground and the ghostly figure of a mystical blonde in 80s jeans above the whole scene
                    :ROTF: You couldn't figure out a way to incorporate an octopus rapist in there???

Comment

All springing out of the stripper penis foot!
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

You also forgot that the 80's jeaned blonde should have a sorta manly face.

Comment

Haha as if the cockdragon wasn't a buzzkill already!
                          Ratt & Roll

Comment

Working...
                          X