Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need more info regarding this guy

Born on 8/21/87

I discovered that this guitar had been posted before in this http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...t=83014&page=5 thread and was absolutely floored! I have been bad and haven't been playing at all recently, in fact I've taken an extended hiatus as life just kinda got in the way. However, I've been lurking on this forum for a while now, trying to find out as much about these guitars as I can. Imagine my surprise when I saw my guitar posted as it was in the shop! According to the painter it was made for Rough Cutt, not sure if it was supposed to be for Amir or Chris Hager. Also, not sure if this is a genuine San Dimas or if it missed the cutoff.

It's a little hard to see but the SN is 3086. It has a decent Schaller trem considering it's 23 years old. There are a couple of chips in the back, nothing major.

I'm not sure what kind of pups we have here, but it looks like there was active circuitry at one point, but it has sense been removed. It has just a volume pot and one switch, presumably for the active electronics.

It has an oiled neck which is pretty sweet and oddly enough, appears to have come factory with a string tree, though I'm not sure about this part.

Anyway, I've had the guitar in my possession since 97. It even came with a hard case! At the time, it was my only electric. Afterward I added a couple of acoustics, a shitty Ibanez and a nice Schecter 7 string. I eventually came across a Jackson 4x12 cabinet, which was weird because I didn't know Jackson made cabs. To make a long story short, I've since sold everything but this guitar and a mediocre Peavey bass amp head. I really regret selling the cab the most, but times were hard there for a while and I needed the money more than the cab. If any of you experts can shed any light on the history of this guitar or provide me with some info as to its origin, that would be sweet. Btw, I plan on getting this guitar restrung and set up here in the very near future.

Looks like an Ontario route in the cutoff pic of the back. The serials pretty low on the plate - would point to San Dimas, but it could have been swapped out - experts correct me if I'm full of shit.

The retainer bar could be factory, or it could have originally come with a Kahler behind the nut lock and they stuck the retainer bar in where the kahler screw holes would have been... i don't know - just speculating.

That's some graphic... not my favorite, but definately unique.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      Looks like an Ontario route in the cutoff pic of the back. The serials pretty low on the plate - would point to San Dimas, but it could have been swapped out - experts correct me if I'm full of shit.
      Serial above 1500 + Ontario route + Schaller trem + 1987 = Ontario factory

definately
      Hey buddy http://jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102310
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

-------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

any date on the heal of the neck? older style logo.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
            any date on the heal of the neck? older style logo.
            You know, I didn't look in all honesty. I'll take it apart and look again since I haven't re-strung it yet.

Thanks for all the info guys!

Comment

Working...
            X