No announcement yet.

New RR1 arrived today with a scratch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RR1 arrived today with a scratch...

...actually two scratches on the back. Both are sort of small; one by the strap post and the other near the cord jack.

Should I be pissed? Should I send it back? As a lefty, it's hard to find a guitar in stock, so I'd be stuck with placing an order and waiting.

For those interested, it's a Trans-Red RR1 with chrome hardware.

Claim a partial refund, perhaps?

Comment

I gotta be the first with this one, mostly just because I want to see the guitar...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        I gotta be the first with this one, mostly just because I want to see the guitar...

+1

Comment

Both sound like they happened due to play. Floor model? Did you get a deal on it?

Comment

You want a free set of strings, free strap, free plectrums, free cable... and free tuner if you can push it
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I tried to take some pictures of the scratches, but with the Trans Red, it's hard to see. Additionally, I found a check in the finish by the nut.

When I first contacted the dealer, I was told that I opened the case too soon after receiving the guitar and the temperature change caused the finish to check. Of course, that didn't explain the other scratches.

Anyway, he asked, "Is this the guitar you wanted?". I said, "Minus the damage, yes".

He said that he has a full service repair shop and that come spring (once the weather warms up), I can send it back and he'll fix all of the blemishes, give it another setup, and ship back for free.

I took him up on the offer.

Comment

"When I first contacted the dealer, I was told that I opened the case too soon after receiving the guitar and the temperature change caused the finish to check". What a load of crap!
                METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

+1
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Poly 1/8" thick weather checks?

Man, they are getting good with making poly as crappy as lacquer these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X