Basswood Soloist in '94-'95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basswood Soloist in '94-'95

Sorry, if it was discussed here. I didn't find anything.
    here's the thing.
    in catalog http://audiozone.dk/cm/albums/jc-cat...4-95Page18.jpg there is an information that soloist and dinky bodies are made of basswood. But in prices for these years it's poplar for soloist and basswood for dinky.
    where is the truth?
    Thanks
    Last edited by KyuzoGuitarist; 01-11-2010, 04:17 PM.
    I want to ROCK!!! with:
    Jackson Custom Shop Dinky '08
    Jackson Sl2h-MAH '04
    Jackson PC-1 '07
    Gibson Les Paul Classic '01
    Fender Japan Stratocaster '88
    Vigier Excalibur Original '97
    Ostap Custom Tele
    Frankenstein Strat (self made)
    DIY Tele

I always thought it was mainly poplar or alder for Dinkies and Soloists. The bolt-on Charvel Model series were basswood.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I always thought it was mainly poplar or alder for Dinkies and Soloists.
      I know that some of the earlier import dinkies were basswood. the catalof scan is a red x for me.

Comment

That is kind of odd! If I recall correctly my old SL2 was basswood (or was it poplar?), but they made those a little later and they were more or less an anomaly.

My interest is piqued.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I don't believe Jackson ever used basswood in their neckthru guitars. Of course, the solid-finish 750xl is *supposed* to be mahogany and not basswood, and we all know how that turned out...

In reality, having basswood wings on a neckthru guitar wouldn't make that much of a difference in the tone compared to poplar. So long as the neckthru section is maple, that's where most of the tone is going to come from.

Comment

Working...
          X