X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Snakeskin Ontario

Hey all,
    Here is the New guitar I picked up late Wed. Night,

She's a San Dimas plate Ontario made axe, S/N is 3xxx , Ebony board, MOP sharkies
    One volume, 3 way, and J50 in neck, had an EMG 81 in bridge that came out for a Duncan TB4 temporarily, Schaller logoed Floyd, Original case with plate logo.

Had to do a few hours of crack repair on the ebony board but all turned out excellent. Frets are in great shape.

I had 2 questions , Can anyone decipher the WO info from the neck pocket and Is it possible to get a replacement inlay for the 7th fret as the original was cracked in 4 pieces but glued in solidly, just looks off to me and I would like to replace it

Here are the pix:
    Front

Back

Headstock

Neck Pocket

7th Fret Inlay

And Last , Case

Hope you guys enjoy her as much as I do, plays like a dream , Tonight its intonation time, only other issue is a slightly dead 12th fret on B string , I'll fix that after she settles in.
    If anyone could help me with the work order info I would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by Weezil; 01-09-2010, 05:29 PM.

Pretty sweet, especially for 500 bucks...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

$500!!!!........unbelievble!!!..nice score!

Comment

The amp I traded for it I was into for 500, but the amp was worth more than that, Fixed the photos Too
        Last edited by Weezil; 01-09-2010, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Looks like an OFR locknut retrofit? Get a new truss rod cover...DOITDOITNOW!

Comment

nice! congrats!

Comment

Nice snake, congrats!!
              Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

You are sooooooooooooooo lucky...

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  Looks like an OFR locknut retrofit?
                  Maybe. I've never seen a string tree on a stock Jackson...this aint no Ibenhad! There's enough pitch on the headstock that pointy J/Cs don't need em. So I think that is at least an add-on. IT may have come stock with a Kahler style behind the locknut originally, you can check for any other screw holes on the headstock for signs of this.

BTW, great looking axe! I love snakeskin!
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Thanks,
                    When I had the nut off there was a total of 3 holes in a triangle (truss cover?) two have the string tree in them now, and 2 floyd holes through the back of the neck.
                    My model 6 with a kahler nut/JT6 combo has 4 small holes for the Kahler nut and 1 for the truss cover and looks totally different

I wish I could find out how it was from the factory, Possibly the order was changed while being built? If it was a floyd added later, they just happened to use the correct schaller and did a really good job

Either way she plays amazingly and Is quickly becoming one of my favorites

Anyone who could help me find out what the work order info means could answer a lot of ?s I have

Comment

Working...
                    X