Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson RR

Hello all.

I have a question for any knowledgeable Jackson guitar people on this site.

I have the chance to pick up a USA 1992 Jackson RR (RR1 right?) out of the Ontario factory.

Serial begins with U so that makes it prod not custom...

Everything looks great with the guitar - but there is only one knob... and one switch.
    Every picture I've seen of early 90's RRs show 3 knobs and a switch.

The only single knob Jackson Vs are the newer models (RR24, etc).

Question is - does anyone here know of any single knob Jacksons RRs from that time period. Is this a red flag that something might not be on the up and up with this guitar's authenticity?

I don't know of single knob RRs besides your mentioned RR24.
    maybe someone swapped the pickguard?
    I did so myself on some of my rhoadses, it's not a big deal actually...

more pics could help maybe, but from what I can see, everything seems legit to me.
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I think someones just replaced the duncans and pickguard for two EMG's and a single volume with toggle...

Otherwise It's a CS still a cool guitar either way and my Favourite RR finish too...

I know lots dislike the top route and pickguard but I think it offers you more options for the controls...

Comment

Im thinking someone just replaced the guard... ive made a few guards like that myself out of brass except with one volume & a 5 way switch i've sold on ebay a few years ago
        http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Quite a few customs have a U, mine was made for a show not a customer and they used a Select Body instead of custom shop. Cant you check the serial for info?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffcp View Post
            I have the chance to pick up a USA 1992 Jackson RR (RR1 right?)
            No. That designation showed up a couple years later. Your guitar is a Jackson Rhoads.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
            X