No announcement yet.

NOSGD: 1988 Pink Jackson Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making progress! The three way switch just needed some contact cleaner, and works flawlessly. The JT6 washers are glued down. What threw me for a loop was the tuning stability. Prior to installing the Floyd, I did an inspection (nice clean knife edges), and applied some graphite lube. With the locknut down tight with no slippage (which I tested) and the baseplate perfectly level, it would come up to pitch perfectly but would not come down to pitch. I could just push down on the back of the whale tail with my thumb and knock it sharp. Damn! I replaced the springs, no luck. I reinspected everything, looked fine. Finally I replaced the JT6 studs with ones I got from Budman for another project. That fixed it! Now the old ones looked fine, but I did notice that there is sort of a groove where the knife edges make contact, sort of a flat spot. I guess that did it? Budman to the rescue! Now I need to order another pair...

Comment

Well I'm done. With the guitar set up, the tuning issue fixed, and the guitar detailed, it's a wrap. It's so hard to finish one of these projects 100%, there are usually one or two unfinished details to torment you!

Comment

Looks great! Congrats on a cool axe.

Comment

Thats an awesome looking Jackson! You need to send it to me cause I'm in an 80's cover band and a pink Jackson would look good on stage
          I'm with Hellbat on the plate warpage, I'd leave it alone instead of risking cracking it by hammering or even trying to bend it back in place.
          BTW, does anyone know of any source for the plastic washers for those old Floyd screw in arms? I have an 87 Soloist which I ended up converting to the collar type Floyd because I couldn't find a plastic washer for it. The previous owner tightened it down so hard that the plastic washer deformed and was squeezing out of there
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Killer! Always wanted a Jackson with this collor! To be perfect: MOP shark inlays and neckthru

Comment

Working...
            X