NGD: Jackson SL1...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Jackson SL1...

And the other one... Again, please 'scuse the pic quality, this camera is a POS and they stole my good one along with my guitars.

Black Jackson SL1...

The SL1 that I had was from Guitar Center. It was a decent guitar.

Happily, though I'd rather it wasn't stolen, this one is actually a better guitar! This came from Sweetwater, up in Ft. Wayne. I called them to "hold" it and the wife & I drove up there on the weekend to inspect it and potentially pick it up.

Obviously, this one came home with me. It's a great guitar!

While I was there, I met Mike (I hope I got his name right) the area rep for Fender and they were having a "customer appreciation day" - I got 10% cash back ON THE SPOT, plus some cool SWAG like a t-shirt and a cool Fender pen.

Oh that's real slick.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Lemme see if I got this:

- SL1 - black
      - SL2 - black, returned
      - CS Charvel Red
      - CS Charvel White

That's gunna be a pretty cool set.
      Last edited by Grandturk; 11-25-2009, 09:16 AM.
      Blank yo!

Comment

So I take it you are in to black as a finish on guitars? Is that just whats in stock so you go for it or is it a color you prefer?

My very first guitar that I bought was a black Aria Pro II Knight Warrior, but that was the only color they had them in when I bought it. But since then I've just never bonded with a pure black guitar. I don't have anything against the color, I just prefer most other colors.

Anyways, congrats on the new fiddle. SL1's are hot.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

grats on the new guitar. I love black guitars, but they don't love me haha. Sweaty hands=(
          My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            Lemme see if I got this:

- SL1 - black
            - SL2 - black, returned
            - CS Charvel Red
            - CS Charvel White

That's gunna be a pretty cool set.
            Yup. Also an SL2H in Snow White. I have the Warmoth I had (that the thieves didn't find) in white, plus another one being built (the weird mahogany/bubinga hardtail "Strat".)

And a junky Les Paul Studio I got from a friend to play with (these new guitars don't need any work done... BORING! )

And, I still have that black San Dimas Style 1 2H body, I'm thinking about using some of my extra parts to throw something together with that.

It's weird getting a bunch of new guitars all at once, I dunno which one to play... So far most of my time is spent on the FR Charvel.

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            So I take it you are in to black as a finish on guitars? Is that just whats in stock so you go for it or is it a color you prefer?
            It depends on the guitar what color I prefer. Soloists, I do like black or white the best. I wanted a black SL1 and I found one in stock, which was cool, so I could order "whichever I wanted" and not worry about how long it took. Another of those happens to be black.

I know a lot of people don't care for black as much as I do. To me, there is just kind of an elegant simplicity to it.

Originally posted by Oblivion99 View Post
            grats on the new guitar. I love black guitars, but they don't love me haha. Sweaty hands=(

Mine are fairly oily. Mine usually end up as a smear of fingerprints and dust, I don't really wipe them off "picture-perfect" too often.

Comment

Nice! Glad to see your piling up some really sweet gear.

I don't know if I would have gone in for so many all at once - you feel bad for the ones you're not playing, sitting there all lonely. The good thing is, 5 months from now when you play one of them, it will still be like a brand new guitar!

I probably would have gone the custom shop route myself - if only to get a non-recessed floyd on the Soloist.
              Blank yo!

Comment

You know, I really don't like new guitars, anyway. I don't like other people's used guitars either, what I mean is, whenever I get a new guitar, it's always the one I play the least, I go for the familiar one first.

I happened upon the CS Charvels and I didn't want that red one to get away a 2nd time, plus, it was nice having a second chance at that white one... I bought that for myself for my 40th birthday!

The LP Studio was not something I really wanted. I bought from a buddy who is having a rough time with his car, which affects his ability to work, and... Well, I figured I'd buy it to help him out of his jam and I'd have some fun working on it. Spent a couple hours on the neck so far and I've got a Tonepros bridge on the way, any day now, then it should be back together.

So anyway, my logic was that since I don't like new guitars I should just figure out what I want, and get it however I get it, and get past the "new" thing and on to enjoying them sooner.

Comment

Very cool man, I would kill to have a USA soloist.
                  "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Working...
                  X