so I got another sl2 coming my way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so I got another sl2 coming my way

I am about to pick up a 96 sl2(ebony board and no fretmarkers).if i remember correctly these came with chrome import hardware but this one has black hardware and an OFR.it is definately a players guitar(small dings ect) but it plays awsome.I also thought that these models only came in gunmetal gray this on is in between a teal and blue and the Pup are duncans i believe...can I get more info on these models?color options,how many were made,run dates,ect.....oh and i got it for a very good price....

Last edited by magh8; 01-30-2010, 07:02 PM.
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Congrats, I like them a lot! I believe not many of those were made, the most popular color is gun metal grey on those..

And you are right they had the import chrome hardware. A close friend of mine had an RR2, and it was a very good axe. I would like to have one of those. They are a bit better than japanese ones and not as good as the USA select series.. How does yours sound?

Here's the info you need

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=55&pos=3
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by magh8 View Post
      I also thought that these models only came in gunmetal gray this on is in between a teal and blue
      They came in five different metallic colors... metallic black, gunmetal gray, yellow, deep candy red, and blue green pearl (which is what yours is).
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think the metallic black was the '97.

The '96 was black (like mine, not metallic).

If I recall correctly...

Fretboard-wise I think it was every bit as good as a USA Soloist although the neck felt a little thin compared to a newer SL1.

Comment

I thought there was a regular black, too, but couldn't remember.

Comment

it looks awesome in yellow! Someone here owns one
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I thought there was a regular black, too, but couldn't remember.
              Hell, you were the one who told me what it was when I bought it.

But I seem to remember figuring out mine was a '96 (and not a '97) based on the black color only being available that year.

Comment

blue green pearl.I just plugged it into a line6 so it wasn't about the sound just loved the feel and look of it.

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                  ... They are a bit better than japanese ones and not as good as the USA select series.. ....
                  I have to disagree unless this is solely because of the hardware. Fit and finish as well as wood quality were on par with any other production USA Jackson

Comment

I think you had options available, like inlays, and I thought they made 200 in each color? Not sure about that though. Mine is gun metal grey with black hardware. It looks evil, but its my least favorite Soloist. The pickups are harsh, and the bridge is better left blocked............

Comment

Yes, there was another model available that had sharkfin inlays... the SL2S. Not sure how many of each color there were.

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
                        I think you had options available, like inlays, and I thought they made 200 in each color? Not sure about that though. Mine is gun metal grey with black hardware. It looks evil, but its my least favorite Soloist. The pickups are harsh, and the bridge is better left blocked............
                        It was my least favorite, too, mostly because the neck was a little thin for my taste and the lack of inlays could be a problem until I "got used to it."

But I bought it cheap as something that was cool looking a little beat-up and because I wouldn't hesitate to take it to my buddy's crowded studio or a jam session.

The fit and finish on mine was decent, although I did find 1/4 of a drill bit in the hole for the high E tuner.

Also, at some point, the 9th fret had popped up on the bass side and somebody leveled/dressed it without really gluing it back down, but I don't think it came from the factory that way. :dunno:

Comment

wow talk about taking my time...i just got it today...lol

Comment

Working...
                          X