Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larz View Post
    Me = idiot I guess?

Ha ha, for some reason looking at the tiny photo I assumed it was a 2 hum soloist with the SD's in it and I thought new Dinky's (given that A/F is a relatively new color) came stock with EMGs over SD's?

You couldn't tell it was a bolt-on from the photo. At least I couldn't.
    That seems to be sorta true... LOL.
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Gotta watch the price/quality of the guitars posted online at GC. You will find the same model online priced very differently with no explanation. The best way to know what you are getting is see it in person, if not, call them. Don't assume anything. I called about an SL1, asked lots of questions, requested more pics, haggled the price to 950 and took a chance. When I got it, the magnetic polls on the two single humbucking pickups were badly staggered which resulted in interference. Some were even below the plastic housing. So I returned it. I am not a techie and wasn't about to pay someone to mess with it or buy new pickups. They did not tell me about it even when asked if something was wrong with the pickups. Plus the FR locking nut was not flush to the neck, there was a large gap. Buyer beware if the price is too good to be true.
      Last edited by RockinJim; 10-18-2009, 09:27 AM.
      2011 Charvel Aqua Wildcard #4
      2011 GMW tele project
      2010 GMW strat project
      2010 Fender USA strat Highway 1
      2006 Peavey HP Special black
      2005 Peavey HP Special NAMM Guitar teal quilt
      2004 Gibson LP Classic goldtop
      1990s ESP MII Deluxe purple
      1988 Kramer Nighswan baby blue polka dot

Bugera 333Xl
      Marshall 2X12 1936 cab

Comment

Originally posted by RockinJim View Post
        Gotta watch the price/quality of the guitars posted online at GC. You will find the same model online priced very differently with no explanation. The best way to know what you are getting is see it in person, if not, call them. Don't assume anything. I called about an SL1, asked lots of questions, requested more pics, haggled the price to 950 and took a chance. When I got it, the magnetic polls on the two single humbucking pickups were badly staggered which resulted in interference. Some were even below the plastic housing. So I returned it. I am not a techie and wasn't about to pay someone to mess with it or buy new pickups. They did not tell me about it even when asked if something was wrong with the pickups. Plus the FR locking nut was not flush to the neck, there was a large gap. Buyer beware if the price is too good to be true.
        But with jacksons and charvels, GC seems to be relatively dumb. Like selling a soloist for the price of a DK2 or something. A bit dramatic, but you get the idea...
        I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
          But with jacksons and charvels, GC seems to be relatively dumb. Like selling a soloist for the price of a DK2 or something. A bit dramatic, but you get the idea...
          More like they're pricing it according to the market so it actually sells.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by RockinJim View Post
            When I got it, the magnetic polls on the two single humbucking pickups were badly staggered which resulted in interference. Some were even below the plastic housing.
            That's how the pole pieces are supposed to be on certain single coil models.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              That's how the pole pieces are supposed to be on certain single coil models.
              That actually dawned on me but I don't know if it was supposed to be that way on the SL1. It appeared to be F-ed up and the sound was not good on those pups. It needed a major setup and was missing the top of the toggle switch. I didn't want to spend $1K only to have to put more money into it. After it got returned, I found a perfect trans green SL2H with unique reverse headstock, so it worked out in the end.

The guitar was a trans blue SL1 and I now see it is now listed on GC online for $1200. I returned it my local Cherry Hill store. It is a beautiful finish. The other major turnoff was that the case absolutely smelled to high heaven. The guy at the store said it was the glue they used in the case or something but it was unbelievable. The guitar had a faint smell as well.
              Last edited by RockinJim; 10-19-2009, 01:03 PM.
              2011 Charvel Aqua Wildcard #4
              2011 GMW tele project
              2010 GMW strat project
              2010 Fender USA strat Highway 1
              2006 Peavey HP Special black
              2005 Peavey HP Special NAMM Guitar teal quilt
              2004 Gibson LP Classic goldtop
              1990s ESP MII Deluxe purple
              1988 Kramer Nighswan baby blue polka dot

Bugera 333Xl
              Marshall 2X12 1936 cab

Comment