Could my KV2 be fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could my KV2 be fake?

Hi guys, you might remember recently I got a KV2 in black with gold stripes round the bevels. I've had the buzz fixed. There's something weird about the tag I got with it though. I got it second hand. What do you think?

As you can see RR1 has been scribbled out and KV-2 written in. Suspect?
    There's a chance the tag could be fake? The rest of the guitar is fine I think.
    How can I tell if it's a fake? The serial number matches my guitar.
    Thanks.

post a pic of the guitar, there are some real experts on here who can pick out any bits of the guitar that might be suspect
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb, without seeing the guitar, and say "not fake", at least based on just the tag. Someone looking to fake up a hang tag could do so easily, cleanly, and without scratch outs. A scratch-out actually would make it more authentic: some bored employee having a brain fart & writing the wrong thing, catching it, scratching it out, and starting over.

Unless, of course, the fraud KNEW THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE WOULD THINK and used it to his advantage!.... in which case....it's definitely FAKE!

Ugh...brain...going in circles. Must go lay down.

Comment

Thanks to both of you.

Vass, thanks mate. That is what I hope is the case, and it seems it could be likely. I really hope so.

The guitar

The headstock

In it's huuuuge case.

Any other pics needed let me know

Comment

I don't usually do this, but I feel for you, man. Pack that guitar up and send it to me. I'll take a look at it in the lab!

J/K it looks legit!

Comment

Real

Comment

I have two USA KVs and THIS thing on your pix IS a FAKE!

Just kiddin'!
              For me everything looks right and legit. Enjoy her!

Comment

Usually it's the bolt-on Charvels that are targeted for fakery...
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for all your reassurance guys, I'm so relived. I'd just been thinking about it like "what if it is fake?".
                  Made me insane xD

Comment

If that thing is fake I bet its the best playing/sounding/looking knock off guitar you'll ever own.

Comment

Nice, the guy who did the tag probably had Rhoads on his mind from the gold pin-striping
                      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

At least on yours it was scratched out and corrected. I have a custom shop 24 fret Rhoads which I ordered new and they wrote down the wrong serial number the hang tag. Doh!
                        It happens.
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

The hang tags often have mistakes. That's a legit guitar. There isn't any point in trying to fake a neck-thru Jackson cause you can't build it with matching parts without the job costing you more than a used original.
                          My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Thank you guys I was just paranoid xD
                            Just checking with you pros

Comment

looks legit...and looks awesome!! too bad they discontinued that finish, I'm always GAS'ing for a RR1 like that to go with my RR1T in Snow White w/Black pinstripes!
                              Now go play the hell out of that thing!

- Rune

Comment

Working...
                              X