No announcement yet.

Pawn Shop Find - J0663 - 1985 San Dimas Jackson Neck-Thru Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! I got a sweet BC Rich Mockingbird from Kirk a while back. And it's true, the resale value on Jackson basses is pretty low, I guess they're out of fashion. Love my USA Jackson, though.

Comment

That is a nice one. I would buy it... :-)

Comment

6 years ago I saw a SD, candy cane graphic Jackson bass with a Kahler trem at a pawn shop in town here. They were asking 350.00 for it. Some guy got it and put it on EBay and got less than 500.00 once it was all over. You know if it were a soloist he would have gotten more.

Comment

Guitarzan, I may have owned that bass for awhile a few years ago. If not, it is identical to the SD Concert Bass I owned, except that mine had a pickup switch rather than a blend knob.

The bridge pickup is what used to be known as the EMG-SS pickup. It is indeed a bass pickup. You can still special order them, I believe. It was intended to replicate the old standard-sized humbuckers you'd see in Gibson basses. My Concert had a frightening amount of output with very nice tone and playability. I only paid about $450 for mine and didn't sell it for too much more. The only reason I sold was because I switched over to 5-string bass.

Comment

Damn, I need to hit some pawn shops. I'd love to stumble on something like that.
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
            X