No announcement yet.

Thunderbird Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info guys I've been tied up the last couple of days and haven't been able to do much chatting.

That's encouraging...looks like I won't have to give a body part to own one of these. I have always loved the shape. I owned a '76 reissue Gibson T-bird,(bought it brand new and then sold it a year later ).

Someday...

Comment

Originally posted by maynard View Post
      Thanks for the info guys I've been tied up the last couple of days and haven't been able to do much chatting.

That's encouraging...looks like I won't have to give a body part to own one of these. I have always loved the shape. I owned a '76 reissue Gibson T-bird,(bought it brand new and then sold it a year later ).

Someday...
      body parts maynard? naw but true, you wont find one for sale every day, and certainly not going for 599.00 on ebay or anywhere else. .

for the 1500 that the green one just brought in, if it would have been a dark blue one, I probably would have had some bids in on it, to own a black AND a blue one. but not to hang it on the wall as a collectors item, in my opinion, thats all that green one meant to me.
      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
        maynard, that thing got sold finally. I wonder if it was to someone who is part of this forum who just added to their collection????
        Happily I can tell that the 'Green Metalflake One' had been a great add to 'everyone's' collection. Arrived in great shape. Worth the money to spent.

André

Comment

Originally posted by shark View Post
          Happily I can tell that the 'Green Metalflake One' had been a great add to 'everyone's' collection. Arrived in great shape. Worth the money to spent.

André
          -- AWESOME, glad you got it. If you didn't scroll around the threads here I own a Black one... although it isn't nearly as rare as some Jackson items, it still is a collectible piece of Jackson Japan Production history --ENJOY IT TO THE FULLEST!!!. -- I STILL get a kick out of Jackson lovers who say "I never saw one of those before"...lol

I would have bought that green one, but I ALWAYS WANTED A PAIR OF BLACK TBX's -- eh, maybe in the future, someone who is holding on to their black one now, will sell it in the future, and I can have a "PAIR OF ACES" ( 2 black ones ).

thanks for the report. Here's my black one next to my sunburst Epiphone:

Comment

somebody should grab a pic of my Jackson Harley Davidson Firebird Bass from Tracy's site and drop in here. That my friends is the Holy Grail of Jackson Basses.

Comment

Originally posted by josie5 View Post
              somebody should grab a pic of my Jackson Harley Davidson Firebird Bass from Tracy's site and drop in here. That my friends is the Holy Grail of Jackson Basses.
              Why don't you just post pics of your holy grail and save us the trouble?
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by josie5 View Post
                I thought the KING-V and Futura were the grail basses?...hehehe

I love Firebird/Thunderbird bodies as much as the FenderFools like their P/J basses, and 10x more when they got the Jackson pointy headstock. I just bought a mint condition black Dillion TBIRD, another older production no longer made neckthru, and love it to death, but it is not related to the JCF, so I never posted a picture of it. IF "shark" << a JCF member ever decides to sell HIS black one in the picture below, I'll be sure to bid on it. << if he is watching this thread ( he can keep his green one AND HIS KIP WINGER)

Last edited by amimbari; 08-01-2008, 01:20 PM.

Comment

:idea:how rare are explorer jacksons?. theres one at the local pawn shop i think they want around $300 black with a few dings and scratches. looks like it has the original electronics

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadwolf View Post
                    :idea:how rare are explorer jacksons?. theres one at the local pawn shop i think they want around $300 black with a few dings and scratches. looks like it has the original electronics
                    did it look like this kelly KB1 like this one on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/USED-JACKSON-KELLY-BASS_W0QQitemZ250316939900QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuita r?hash=item250316939900&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkp arms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Comment

so your saying there not that rare ....? this one had a pj set up with jackson nameplate pickups .there was a detent in one of the knobs i assume it had some kind of active electronics. gonna have to investigate a little futher

Comment

so your saying there not that rare ....? this one had a pj set up with jackson nameplate pickups .there was a detent in one of the knobs i assume it had some kind of active electronics. gonna have to investigate a little futher
                        NO BBF.... I was asking you if it (the body) looked like the Kelly in the link?...

in fact Charvel made a few years worth, and I did find some pics of mid 80's Jackson bolt-on explorers, as far as rarity...I dunno......
                        Last edited by amimbari; 11-08-2008, 10:56 AM. Reason: extra info added......

Comment

okay yea i think it looks like that body shape. its not really an explorer right? a little to curvy

Comment

okay yea i think it looks like that body shape. its not really an explorer right? a little to curvy
                            if it is a Kelly, with that body, and the points are not all chewed up, then it is worth more naturally, however they do come up on EBAY here and there, and if you look at the link of the one I posted that already sold, not too much either....

Comment

Working...
                            X