No announcement yet.

Jackson Concert V...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:ROTF: No, he has said that they ARE EMG's but I don't really care if they are or not, because I decided to buy this bass before hearing that, the price was good enough for a Concert V with stock pickups. Well I do care, of course, but it won't matter if they are stock pickups. I was making calculations about upgrading the pickups to EMG's with the money I will have on summer, and he said that they are already EMG's so I was like . We shall see

Comment

i know those jap pros have over sized covers so it possible. i need one of these
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Nice Bass dude - congratulations and thanks for the pictures.

Comment

Hi!

I have just same bass as you, but with another finish. Remember my thread? http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70618

I tried my 'V' with EBS ValveDrive and HA2500/HA1508 set. I don't know why the sound was so...how I could describe it... So 'hollow'. I did'nt like it at all.
          But with my 80's Ontario Jackson and with same setup the sound were something between Steve Harris and Alex Webster.

Dunno. Maybe those pickups are'nt good enough... But its very good instrument to play.

Comment

Originally posted by BassBeast View Post
            Hi!

I have just same bass as you, but with another finish. Remember my thread? http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70618

I tried my 'V' with EBS ValveDrive and HA2500/HA1508 set. I don't know why the sound was so...how I could describe it... So 'hollow'. I did'nt like it at all.
            But with my 80's Ontario Jackson and with same setup the sound were something between Steve Harris and Alex Webster.

Dunno. Maybe those pickups are'nt good enough... But its very good instrument to play.
            Hi dude, yeah it may sound a bit hollow sometimes, but I like it's tone a lot. Playing with fingers might help a little, if you are playing with a pick. I also set the bass knob full, treble half way down, and pickup blend somewhere near the middle but a bit towards neck pickup. That combined with an Ampeg combo in our rehersal studio sounds good enough. Bartolini's or EMG's may add more low-end, I'll try it in September when my new stuff arrives

I think I'm in love with this bass, it's so comfortable and looks so great

Comment

Killer bass man!
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Nice bass. I've had a few of them myself (still have one).

And those pickups are not EMGs, and are not made by EMG. Many sellers see the covers and battery and falsely assume they are EMGs. They are passive pickups with an external active circuit. EMGs use internal circuitry built into the pickup itself.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I bought Bartolini P/J pickups and Aguilar onboard preamp, and this bass is now excellent! That "hollowness" in the tone is completely gone, now it has full, rich, growly and versatile tone. Played it with an Ampeg SVT3PRO on Saturday and it was like a dream.

Comment

OK, I want that ConcertV now!
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Were these pictures taken at ODTÜ?

And how much did you pay for the guitar?
                      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Yes, RSF 10 @ ODTÜ.

I paid about 550 dollars including hardcase. (It might seem expensive to folks in US but it's a pretty good deal here )

Comment

Working...
                        X