No announcement yet.

how common are Charvel basses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't want to make a topic so heres a bump: Could I get a Jackson or Charvel bass for under $200? And how hard would to be to find that at that price and have it play decently?

Comment

You're just going to have to dig to find one. It has been many years since the "classic" Jackson/Charvel basses were discontinued, so your best bet is pawn shops, used shops like Music Go Round, or eBay. Whether you can find anything under $200 comes down to luck of the draw. The more recent Jackson basses were available in some low-end models (C20, JS40, PS-?) that might sell for that cheap now and then. Most of the use ones I've seen around were fine, just not flashy or funky-shaped like the "cool" modern basses are.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
        You're just going to have to dig to find one. It has been many years since the "classic" Jackson/Charvel basses were discontinued, so your best bet is pawn shops, used shops like Music Go Round, or eBay. Whether you can find anything under $200 comes down to luck of the draw. The more recent Jackson basses were available in some low-end models (C20, JS40, PS-?) that might sell for that cheap now and then. Most of the use ones I've seen around were fine, just not flashy or funky-shaped like the "cool" modern basses are.
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
          I didn't want to make a topic so heres a bump: Could I get a Jackson or Charvel bass for under $200? And how hard would to be to find that at that price and have it play decently?
          To be honest, Ibanez and Fender basses generally play and balance much nicer than the Charvel and Jackson basses. I think the C/J basses are hog monsters with huge bodies and would rather have a import P-Bass or Ibanez Ergodyne.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I saw one the other week someone was selling on ebay, it was about 19 years old, good solid bass, and loved the colour, metallic cherry red colour.

Comment

Wrong section,I know...But....

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARVEL-STAR-BAS...QQcmdZViewItem
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb91 View Post
                I could swear I saw that same one at the Great American Guitar Show in Reading not too long ago....

Comment

Jackson

I have a jackson bass here in a local pawn i can snag cheap like 125.. I think maybe i could get it to ya in a hard case for 200 id not make anything just wanna help a brotha out...

Black in great shape but i dont know the model off hand ill call and check!

Admins if this is too much toward trying to sell let me know im not out to break the rules on this!

Ill even scan recipts to show in good faith lol!
                  Haters gonna hate
                  Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Thanks for the other, but my itnerest as of now has kinda wandered, due to rreally pushing for a USA Jackson. Thanks a lot for the offer though

Comment

np

anytime i can help ya out!
                      Haters gonna hate
                      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
                      X