Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pic!

Emmy,
    The Samick 6 string is very similar in weight to my Fender Jazz and Precision basses. Even though the neck is much wider than the 4 string the weight is about the same. The balance is perfect (not neck heavy). Playing it is a breeze. I don't know about other manufacturer's 6 string basses, as to being similar in weight, as this is the first 6 string I've ever played.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Congratulations guys, on the basses. Eric I'd be interested in hearing your muting technique as well...
      Aside from my new Kelly bass, the other two basses I have are Squier P-basses, and one's a 5. whenever the E or B strings ring I usually touch it with the finger I'm fretting a note with and it stops, or if my finger isn't close to the string that's ringing I usually stop it with my pinky on my right hand, or my thumb on my left. It doesn't effect my playing much.

Comment

Those seem like a really great value, nice score!, great looking bass!
        My friend had one of those Cort 7string neckthrus, that was crazy, super wide neck! My friend who played it was a really big guy (6'6"ish and big), so it looked about right! 5 strings are about enough for me though.

Comment

Working...
        X