Cool Concert BassJ0286

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cool Concert BassJ0286

The conversion was easy. The battery is in series, so it was as easy as snipping the hot wire on the existing battery clip, soldering the negative clip from the second clip to it and attaching the hot wire to the pickups. I do hear a very real difference. Sounds less distorted.

I am not used to dealing with is the Fender style use of surgical tubing for springs on the pickups on Jacksons. The tubing turned hard and was holding the pickups in. I had to pry them out.

The EMG's are factory and they even still used s brass plate in the cavity. Boy, the pots used at this time sure are nice. I wish they still gave you CTS brand with them to this day. These pots are date coded the 21st week of 1984 for those unable to read the codes.

Check out the fingerprint on the shield to the right of the pot. Lets find out who wired this up...lol.

Comment

Re: Cool Concert BassJ0286

Mine were attached the same way--makes it a real pain to change the pickup height, not that it is so critical to do so with EMGs. In guitars, I prefer pickup rings for that reason, although I've never seen a bass that had them.

Comment

Some pics

Yeah, I threw in strip foam rubber like you would see on a real P bass or Jazz Bass. It works much better.

Here are overall pics.

Comment

Re: Some pics

NICE JIM! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Nice score, Jim. I saw that on the bay and considered bidding on it, but I'm still in love with my #1 Jackson, so I passed. Glad to see it went to a good home.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              NICE JIM! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice bass too! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] @ VG

Nice one - I had J1419 - SD Student bass with the same pickup layout, but IIRC it was a Jackson hum, not EMG. I thought about putting a Duncan Custom or Distortion in it, but never did [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Awesome looking, it cleaned up nicely. Good score!

Comment

Working...
                  X