Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do the knobs on my CMG (Japan, 2009) Bass do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do the knobs on my CMG (Japan, 2009) Bass do?

Hello

I have acquired a 2009 CMG Jackson Concert Bass (Made in Japan) in mint condition, and I would like to start recording with it.
    However I'm a guitarist who has only had Jackson guitars since the year 2000 and I have no idea what these five knobs do on the bass.

It has dual EMGHZ pickups, and 5 knobs (2 on top, one being master volume, the other sort of like pickup toggle with a notch at 50% position, 3 on bottom). I tried to identify the others by watching the EQ graph while I play, but still clueless.

Of course, the pickups have a preamp, and I had to connect a 9v battery in the electronics cavity in order to obtain output.

What do the three knobs on the bottom do?

Btw I love the bass. Not even a scratch on it. However I've noticed that the truss rod cover sticks out a bit at the thin nut, and the binding looks a bit separated from the map of the neck around the butt. Just a tiny bit. Still better than any import bass I have held in my hands. I can't play any guitar without compound radius so it's extra awesome.

most likely, you are looking at -

volume
    blend
    low, mid, high

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
      most likely, you are looking at -

volume
      blend
      low, mid, high
      Thank you Seems obvious when you know what they are, but not if you are me!
      The first one is treble (from the player's perspective, nearest to the neck) and the last one is bass. That's very odd.

Comment

Working...
      X