Bass Amps/Cabs - which do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bass Amps/Cabs - which do you use?

The only thing that I don't like about Carvin is that its impossible to try out any of their gear before buying it unless you know someone that has the gear already. That Carvin rig looks killer though. http://www.carvin.com/products/singl...018&CID=BA Makes me want to add an 18 to my setup.

Comment

Dude ...I owned friggin' >>EVERYTHING<< in the last 26 years as far as bass gear ...and they are THE BEST!

I did well over a hundred gigs with that stack and everyone ....and I mean everyone was blown away by my sound ....even me. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks for posting the link BTW ...that amp is the S H I T !!!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

damn, that stack for 1300! i may have to look into carvin for an upgrade myself! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Dude you will LOVE it ....I assure you ...it has mucho power and unbelievable tweakabilty and the cabs are the finest I've ever heard.

I'm going to buy another one myself ...I miss playin the hell out of a bass ....thinkin' of doin' a cover metal gig with Cleveland John eventually ...a fun money gig.

I wouldn't even consider trying any other rig ....been there done that!

Comment

I just starting playing bass a few months ago and just picked up my first bass amp. It is an Ashdown EB 130-15. It is basically a 130watt 15inch combo, with active/passive inputs, a great eq section that can be switched in or out (I guess if you want to use your own preamp,) and effects loop, tuner/di, and a balanced direct out. It sounds great. I might be in a band soon, so I will see how it is in that scenario, but all I was looking for was a solid practice amp that could be gigged. In NYC most people aren't down with big, huge amps and stacks, because they are completely impractical to get around the city.

Comment

If combos work you cool....they have never cut it for me ...so a combo is NEVER an option ...I wish it could because My back and neck is really screwed up...it would makes things a lot more easy..

I've been doin' this thing for a very long time and have too many "been there done thats to know better."

I gotta have at least a half stack (4 12 cab) for guitar and a whole stack for bass (1-18 & 4-10 cabs).....biamped of course...without compromise.

Comment

I hear you, but like I said, in NYC it is very difficult to get your gear places. You basically need to be able to carry everything on your person at once and be able to get up and down flights of steps. There are compromises to be made.

Comment

I've been thinking about switching to bass myself, to get in a band. I just don't have the cash to drop on a new rig, but if I did I know exactly what I would get!

Comment

CARVINS.....soon as I get some Xtra cash to blow ....I don't live in NYC.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh man... The guitar player for a band that I just recently joined has an Ampeg SVT-4 Pro and I played through it tonight at a gig with my Peavey 4x10.... So awesome... I might have to buy one myself.

This was the first gig I've ever played where I could actually hear myself the WHOLE time.

Comment

I hate to double post.. But I still want to try out that Carvin rig... I'm going to do a little bit of searching because I think a local musician around here is endorsed by Carvin and she plays their basses and their amps.. Perhaps I can get in contact with her and she might let me try it out a little bit.

Comment

Ampeg 2BR & David Eden 410XLT cab. The best 410 cabs made in my lowly opinion. Heck their 210XLT can keep up with most other brands 410's.
                              RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                              CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                              Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                              Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Well,

If I Lose the bid on the Ampeg half stack, I am saying screw e-bay and calling Carvin, credit card in hand. I had the pleasure of playing a R600 through the 2x10, 1x15 set up and it was pretty nice. Appearance was slick and the tone was nice and tight, with good lows.
                                Personally, I want the R1000 with the RL-410t and the 118, I bet that bastage smokes, and according to Horns it does! Ampeg tones I do like, but I am not independently wealthy to afford the rig I want.

Comment

Working...
                                X