new arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new arrival

Actually, I don't have any of the OLDER Jackson basses, so I don't really have anything to compare them to as far as quality and construction goes. I can, however, compare it to models by other manufacturers and in that regard, it's mind-blowing. I've never seen a 500 dollar bass as nice as my KBX. I've said it before and I'll say it again... the MIJ Jacksons are about as nice as some companies' American made models. Maybe it's in my head, but it looks, feels and sounds as nice as stuff twice the price. IMO.

I would love to compare it to an older model... I'm assuming the Jackson quality has always been there and I don't think it's gone too far down hill. One word to describe the sound - varied. It's a pretty eclectic instrument... the one negative thing is that it doesn't give you the gritty, dark tones you get from passive pickups, but it is louder and "bigger" (if that makes sense). It's got the stock Duncan Designed pickups in it now. They aren't the greatest active pickups on earth, but they're good enough for my purposes.

OK, I'm talking too much. I'm done now. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy:
      btw mitch, you can't tell from the pic but the bevels are purple it came with the original case too! i got itfrom a member here but i'm not at liberty to say(don't want you guys beating me out for any others he might sell me!) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hehe, yeah well it always sucks to be the new guy (points to self) [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] OTOH, I'd probably be afraid to take it out of the house too... bevels... you mean like on the body edges? wicked.

some small consolation for me, I scored a set of original '88 P/J pups and electronics from a US model off ebay. gonna put 'em in the Pro and see how they sound... at least I can beat on that thing without worrying about it!
      [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I love the Kelly Basses, but when you say it has a Kahler on it, do you mean it has a WHAMMY BAR!? THat would be F*cking awesome. Sorry, you probably just meant the bridge but I had to get that out. Someday I'd like to get my hands on a 6-string Mark Thompson bass with a Whammy Bar like god(Les Claypool).....lol j/k.

Don't be afraid to play good equipment...

Comment

JG4L, yes that's a kahler tremelo and a hipshot detuner tuning key on the e string [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

A store in this area had a crappy, beat-up old BC Rich NJ neckthru Warlock bass with the Kahler trem--I almost bought it just to resell the trem, but I'm not quite that cavalier...

Comment

dude email me, we might can work some thing out

Comment

Damn, me wants Precious! That must be an awesome bass, maybe I can find one of those Kahler Trems somewhere...... JG4L, nice one Peabuddy!

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] A KBX with a TREM SYSTEM, [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

well i got to play her last, not through my rig but through my buddy's svt ampeg. damn that thing is killer. i'll have to get used to the neck heavy part other than that it plays and sounds awesome! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Peabuddy when and where is your next gig? I wanna see this thing in action.

Comment

JG4L - Do you have a KBX? They're well worth it if you can get your hands on one.

Comment

box car, it would seem the the band has blown up at the moment. the singer could'nt stay sober enough to show up and when he did, the attitude bout got his ass whipped(by "fans" let alone the band!)so for now i'm trying to get me and the good guitar player hooked up with my old drummer, guitar player, and singer.we're looking for a place the rehearse now.probably sound proof my basement in concord.that will be in the middle of everyone. we'll probably use the old band name of 4 bolt main. three of us are mechanics, hence the name [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] soon as we get it together, i'll post when and where.the kelly is killer! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey man, have you ever heard of a band called Mob? They play around town a lot, they've got a regular gig every week at Tony's in the Arboretum. I'm friends with the bass player, he works at Guitar Center in Matthews. I saw them in November at the Grad here by University and they are all absolutely sick players!! They're mainly an 80s-90s cover band but they have a few originals too.

Comment

damn, i was recently at that GC. i'll have to check 'em out.i definately need to get out more! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] what nights do they play there?

Comment

cool, next time i'm over there i'll look for him.

Comment

I think it's on Wednesday night...the guy's name who works at GC is Scott-he's the bassist in Mob. Tell him you know Ethan [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X