Whats a good starter bass ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats a good starter bass ?

No , the exploiter sucked ass ....hard to play ...horrible positioning ..two neck truss rods but the neck was the most tempermental of all my basses ...

Hartke cabs ...look cool ...sound cool and are punchy at lower volume levels ...but they pop and flap at the slightest hint of brutallity ...they truly suck ass...truly [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ...and no they wern't blown ...they sound like that outta the box....overpriced garbage..IMO

Get the Carvin cabs or even old Sonic cabs loaded with EV prolines ...thes baddest bass speaker in the world ....you can't blow them ,,,they won't pop or fart and can take whatever you throw at them

for cheaper set up ...old peaveys are OK...upper end stuff like their one 18 black widow and 2-10 scorpion cabs are very hefty...as well

old ampeg cabs are better than the new ones ....but they wiegh a friggin' ton ...I had a couple of 8 10 cabs (old and new)....damn ...I got a hernia movin' that crap... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ October 27, 2003, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Dammit, after reading this I really wanna get back into bass playing [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . Unfortunetly I was forced to sell my only bass a couple years ago. I was getting really frickin good at the bass too. I need to get another one sometime soon.

Comment

OK Ninj I'll give you permission to play bass again but I have to use your sig ...it's means so much to me personally...it touches my very soul [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ October 30, 2003, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
        X