Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, here's my $.02:

Paul McCartney's basslines have always intrigued me. Check out:
    Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Lovely Rita, With a little help from my Friends anything on Sgt. Pepper really. Other highlights: Hello, Goodbye, Drive my Car
    and the king of all, Old Brown Shoe.

I play bass in a country band and most of the guys in town think of me as this great innovator... what they don't realize is that it's all because of the McCartney influence. They just don't recognize it because they haven't been exposed to the Beatles like I have.

Comment

Bleak by Opeth

That is amazing song and it has a very nice bass lines. Very good lines for warm up before practice.

Comment

Originally posted by s.s._summerville View Post
        Lars K. Norberg - SPIRAL ARCHITECT - A SCEPTIC'S UNIVERSE (the entire
        album)
        worst playing I've ever heard
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I think the bass on Skeptic's Universe is obnoxious but I don't think I'd call it the worst playing ever!

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
            I think the bass on Skeptic's Universe is obnoxious but I don't think I'd call it the worst playing ever!
            horrible tone, horrible sense of timing, no meter at all, the band totally lacks low end, no team-play with the drums, no groove, horrible dynamics, every note has a different volume level... can't get any worse than that... but some like him... because he is well...um... fast I guess
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Bill blasted some of his old recordings with the bass for me.... he can destroy that dude even playing with his ass hair

Comment

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The Sisters of Mercy -- Lucretia, My Reflection
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuezNswtRfo
                  subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
                  www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

Comment

Machine Head - Now I Lay Thee Down

Comment

I just got back from a show at Slim's in SFO. Opening band of this show was Behold...the Arctopus. The guy playing the "bass", Colin Marston, was unbelievable. Actually it's a Warr guitar. Crazy music. Definitely not everyone can appreciate or enjoy this music. The technicality, however, is off the charts.

I am going to make a little poll, just to see what the consensus is around here.

Comment

Paperback Writer - Paul McCartney.
                        Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith.

Comment

Rush - too many to list
                          Yes - many, but Heart of the Sunrise and Yours Is No Disgrace come to mind
                          Zep - also many, but The Lemon Song and Ramble On are great
                          Sheehan - Shy Boy
                          Flea - Higher Ground
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I can't remember who mentioned Van Halen - but the basslines on Women and Children First are great. On any Van Halen song, it would be difficult to play anything that fits the song better.

Bob Daisley has played some amazing bass lines as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Trypp Powell View Post
                              I can't remember who mentioned Van Halen - but the basslines on Women and Children First are great. On any Van Halen song, it would be difficult to play anything that fits the song better.

Bob Daisley has played some amazing bass lines as well.

Me...
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

to be with you = mr big
                                Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                                Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Working...
                                X