B
    E
    A
    D
    G
    C
    E
    A

o.O Do you really need all those stringz? Do you use them all?

Comment

Re: 8 string bass tuning

Originally posted by Kamo:
      I think it goes
      B
      E
      A
      D
      G
      C
      E
      A

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

It would be low to high, EE AA DD GG

[ March 15, 2003, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

kamo,i believe you're talking about an 8 string with 8 single strings. i'm asking about an 8 string that's 4 large doubled by 4 smaller gauge strings
        The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

oh... *hides*

Comment

Jeff Ament from Pearl Jam used a 12 string bass on a lot of Pearl Jam's songs. It had a huge sound, something between a piano and a bass guitar.

Comment

didn't he use an 8 string on jeremy.i'm pretty sure he uses both 8 and 12

Comment

thats why most of the kings x cd's sound huge. he plays a 12 on most of the older albums (can really hear it on gretchen goes to nebraska). monty from the galactic cowboys also uses 8's and 12's sometimes.

dave

Comment

It does go EE AA DD GG acorse it and then its octave. I dont really see the point for a 8 string. I've plaid one (carvin, and a peice of junk) there was to much of a sound diffrence between the two strings and if you want the octave why not just go to your 12 fret? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Billy Sheehan on the eat em n smile tour or w/e he would put the octave strings on his bass to get that high punchy solo tone (also running through THOUSAND dollar racks) but uhh i wouldn't go with a 8 string but hey! you just asked for the tuning. Do what you want but if your gonna spend all this money just get a women 4 string or even at most a 5 string....Also the Carvin had one awsome paint job. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

dude if you read my original post, i said i found a cheap 8 string.i've got about 150 in it.i wouldn't use it on all songs, but it does have a cool sound for some of our slower tempo songs. btw, what's a woman 4 string? and about the octive difference, how am i going to fret the third and fourteenth at the same time? [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    make that fifteenth

[ April 09, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: peabuddy ]

Comment

Working...
                    X