Hardshell case for JS1X Minion bass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardshell case for JS1X Minion bass?

Will the JS1X fit in a Jackson Soloist/DinKy case? I have a case, but the bass keeps moving.
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 02-13-2018, 03:58 PM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I've been given the measurements by Thomann (German company), and those figures tell me it would fit. My concern is whether the horns would fit. Anyone got a Jackson Soloist/Dinky case they can take to their local store and see if the store's Minion bass actually fits properly?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

If you're talking about this case:

SOLOIST/DINKY CASE - SKB
      $185.99
      ...listed on https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/accessories, then I might be able to help you out. I have one of these exact cases, and I believe at least one of my local stores I visited this past weekend had a JS1X Minion Bass. Next time I visit (possibly this upcoming weekend) I'll bring my case with me. I'll let you know!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
        If you're talking about this case:

...listed on https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/accessories, then I might be able to help you out. I have one of these exact cases, and I believe at least one of my local stores I visited this past weekend had a JS1X Minion Bass. Next time I visit (possibly this upcoming weekend) I'll bring my case with me. I'll let you know!
        Thanks NOTP! I would really appreciate it!
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Jackson JS1X Minion bass fits in SKB Jackson Soloist/Dinky Case (SKB 2996100506). Some shifting in the body area. A small towel would help to pad the bass in the cavity.

Here is a photo. Stupidly, I forgot to close the case lid with the bass inside to see if it closes without problems, but it should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
            Jackson JS1X Minion bass fits in SKB Jackson Soloist/Dinky Case (SKB 2996100506). Some shifting in the body area. A small towel would help to pad the bass in the cavity.

Here is a photo. Stupidly, I forgot to close the case lid with the bass inside to see if it closes without problems, but it should be fine.

Ah, so the overall length fit is good. Did the body horns sit inside the Soloist mold or on top of it?
            Last edited by wilkinsi; 02-17-2018, 01:32 PM.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Inside. The Soloist mold is a bit longer than the Minion Bass body, hence the need for a small rolled-up towel at the butt of the bass.

Comment

Thanks for all your efforts
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

You're welcome. Best of luck buying a case!

Comment

Nice! I didn't know they even made a Minion bass.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They've been around a while. Check out Jackson's site.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                      X