What bass is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What bass is this?

I'm looking for info on a bass I'm curious about. It's a Kelly bass that I believe is from Japan, possibly in 96?
    It's serial number is 9698226.

Also, Anyone knows if there are any Jackson 7string kellys or RR's coming out? Have been waiting since I started playing 7-strings for 5 years ago..

Cheers!

Looks like a 2002-3 KBX. Made in Japan. It doesn't say 'Professional' on the headstock, does it? There was an earlier KB1 that was available in '96, but that would've had the Professional logo, and I think, only 3 knobs.

You could remove the neck and check the date/model stamps inside.

Haven't heard of any new 7's, but winter NAMM is just around the corner.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Alright! Guess you're right then since it's not a professional, as u say. Dont know much about KBX, is it budget versions? I know it has Duncan Designed...

there's a Guy selling this one and I'm hungry for it.. Do u think I could put A low B on the E without changing the nut? Want it to match my 7 riffs

though I Love the new soloists and dinky models of 7's I find it wierd that there are no Classic 80's wilder shapes atm. Well apart from that signature V where the shark inlays dont reach the sides...

Comment

The KBX would be part of the X series, which is below the Pro series, but above the entry level JS series.
        That said, the 2002 catalogue lists the specs as alder body and Duncan Designed pups, same as some Pro models...which are also made in Japan.

I expect the quality is good to very good.
        Putting a larger string in the E string slot on the nut may/may not require filing the slot larger.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

The JX40 which is not pictured here and Concerts also got that setup. The CMG also got the 3band eq, but no series parallel switch and it had EMG-HZ's and not the Duncan designed.
          http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Working...
          X