Model 2B with factory Kahler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 2B with factory Kahler?

I'm guessing no, but was the 2B ever available with a Kahler bridge?
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Trem or that long-barrel jobby found on some Concert Vs?

If you remove the trem you might be able to tell if it was factory or not by the exposed wood vs primered.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Some guy online has a 2B with a Jackson bridge and a 242xxx serial on a neck plate with no gasket. Everything suggests it's an '86.

But, despite the evidence, another jackass is telling the owner it's an '87 because the '86 had a Kahler.
      I don't know why I care what some uniformed fools think, but I guess I just needed reassurance for my own piece of mind.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I still have a 1988 2b with a kahler on it :P

and had a black righty 86 with a kahler on it

The model series came with the standard highmass black bridge which Washburn was actually using as well. ( I have a couple washburn bridges and they look the same ( except for the name stamped on it )

however, I think you mean this one?

if so, then also no, the model series did not come with this either.

2 things to look for when identifying 86 or 87. the logo says TM for 86 R for 87, and the p-pickup is not reversed for 86.
        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Yes, all evidence including the TM indicated an '86. Didn't know about the reversed pup..that's cool. It had the standard Jackson bridge like you posted.

I'm not sure which Kahler the guy said was on an '86 he'd seen, but he was supposed to post a pic and he never did.

Comment

I am no expert...
            But I have seen far too many Charvel Basses with Kahler bridges for them all to be after-market.

And as far as the things that distinguish their year go:
            I have a Model 6 with 5 characteristics from one year and 4 from the next. Sometimes I think there are more 'transition' units than there are regular units.

Comment

you mean the old 83-84-85 USA's with the black bridge and brass saddles? Those were Kahler made?
              like this Jackson?

no Jap model 1,2,3 or 4's had them.
              this one had 2 Kahlers on it
              http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Working...
              X