Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help: Charvel model 3b with sharkfin inlays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: Charvel model 3b with sharkfin inlays?

Hey guys just wanna check if anyone has encountered any model 3b with sharkfin inlays? The ones ive seen so far are dot inlays.

Thanks in advance

Referring to this. Reckon its genuine?

Last edited by jahosy; 11-09-2015, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Looks great.
      I've never seen one with fins before, but the rest looks legit.
      A previous owner may have had the fins done during a refret.
      -Rick

Comment

Ask for a close up of the 12th fret inlay... if there were dots before, you'd still see where it was?
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thanks guys. And good point xeno. Will try since communication will be tough as the guitar is from japan. My suspicion is that those are sharky sticker inlays. Will keep this thread updated.

Comment

the Japanese market basses and guitars for sale over there were slightly different than the US/UK versions. It may be completely normal for the fins. I have a Futura bolt on that they did not make in the US/UK catalog that has a TR cover that says "Standard" on it with the 4 knob preamp in the body like the Kip Wingers came with, but is 100% a Futura.
            http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Ahh like they always get bonus tracks on their jap version albums ?

Am tossing up between this and a kramer forum 3 woth ebony board (which usually comes in rosewood) its gonna be a tough call....

Comment

Yeah, Japan, and I believe Australia also had non US market models specific to their region.

Comment

forum3? I had 4 of them and have 1 left - all with rosewood. I would LOVE to see a picture of that thing. I like the hazlab preamp tone, but I just can't get used to the rounded backside of the neck.
                  For playing for a set is great...all night? naw. ( not for me anyway )

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                    I like the hazlab preamp tone, but I just can't get used to the rounded backside of the neck.
                    For playing for a set is great...all night? naw. ( not for me anyway )
                    I couldn't get used to one either... so I sold it and got a BCR STIII bass and enjoyed that a bit more.

Comment

Both are without cases / gig bags. What are your views on these as compared to model 3b?
                      Last edited by jahosy; 11-12-2015, 02:13 AM.

Comment

All of mine had the 4knob config/hazlab preamp, kramer inlay, spector pickups and bridge, including my last one I still have.
                        funny, cause mine is white also and I have one of those dimarzio dual rails in another bass......
                        views to compare? There is none. The 3b sounds completely different and has a more manageable neck for long playing times. ( I never had the 2knob passive version forum before to compare )
                        if you notice, my white one is not bound but my old lefty was....must be a year of manufacture thing.

Last edited by amimbari; 11-15-2015, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks again. Being a J/C fan I'm more inclined to go with the 3b. All boils down to price now.

Comment

actually I found it. it is a model SLB125, SOLOIST BASS and should have the fins.

Comment

Very cool.
                              Japan market got a lot of really cool variations back then.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X