What a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a joke

So,.... I'm thinking about letting go of two of my basses, a USA Concert w/ coral sea and a Kip Winger Lacewood. Well, I contacted this site called guitarcashusa.com.... described in detail of my basses, and also sent pictures of them. Well,.... I should have listen to a fellow jcf'er and get a FB account and ask the guys on there about prices on the jcf site. They came back and said that they would give me $300.00 each. I said, I guess you would.. than they sent me pic's w/current data on the concert model.... I told them that, I guess you would price them that low...... I said not one is a Usa model, all were the newer models. I tried to explain to them about the Winger model, and about the factory in Japan at that time. Than I got frustrated with them and told them to forget it ..... UN FREAKING REAL. OH! And they said that even the usa models that .they have a 17% sell rate. That Les Pauls/Strats have a 67-74% sell rate. Jacksons stay on the shelves.

Well... really, what did you expect from a company called guitar cash usa. Sounds like a scam site. They're not going to give you anywhere near full retail value.... you're probably looking at 10-20c on the dollar from a site like that. You might as well try selling them to a pawn shop.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Oh, ur absolutely right. Looks like i may have to get on FB's jcf site. Which I've been trying to avoid anything to do w/that site..lol! That's what happens when a person doesn't go to the real experts.and there here on jcf.

Comment

you shouldn't be too hard on them. Not that I am defending their ridiculous offers but try taking thost basses into a pawn shop or guitarCenter for cash.....
        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Yeah, Guitar Center only pays out 1/3 of what they conservatively think they can sell it for. If you want more than that, then YOU have to do the legwork to find and deal with the actual customer.

Comment

You have a choice:
            1. Try to sell it to a person for what it is worth -- which could take days, weeks, even months. Possibly never. Plus having to deal with all of the people and emails and managing your ad.
            2. Take it to a business. Get it over and done with. Let them try to sell it for what it is worth. They aren't doing it for free. And if it is a dotcom, where they are buying it without seeing it in person to inspect it --- it is a huge risk.

It's sort of the same reason why you pay 2x the price of bread at a 24 hour gas station than you do at the grocery store. Convenience.

Comment

free feeler ad. nice.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yea, I see what your all saying. I guess what got me all tore up about it was them sending me the photos of the basses (Jackson Concerts) and their data on what they are worth. And they ALL were the new import models.... not that they are bad,...I was sending them all the info/pics they requested and they were placing a us model in with the imports that they had. But, like xenophobe said earlier... what did I expect. Lol!

Comment

reminds me of the CMG fiasco. You could get 500 for one right up to the point the JS series came out. All of a sudden the CMG was worthless. I bought one last month for less than 200 with a case.

Comment

So... How much do you want from Coral Sea Concert?

Comment

To be honest Johannes, I never thought about it. I know it's more than $300.00 lol!

Comment

300? ya that sounds about right for a store. buy from you for 300 sell for 700. Just like Rick says on the TV show " overhead,storage space on a hook, it will sit for a while till a Jackson fanatic buys it, and we have over 100 basses here already-see"

put it on ebay/reverb and see what happens.

Comment

Yea, may try reverb? I know that company keeps emailing me. This time to offer... $400.00 for the BOTH of them together. Gotta give credit.. they keep on trying. Before I sold them for that much...I would put them in a damp cellar and let the necks warp.

Comment

Seriously feel free to PM how much you want from it.

Comment

Just pay for platinum status here and sell them here.
                              Quoting prices here looks like an end run around paying for platinum membership here to use the classifieds.
                              Stores/websites will never give you top dollar everyone knows that.To them there is no difference between import and USA as far as value.
                              Basses are a hard sell no matter what brand they are.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X