I bought a case and look what I found when I opened it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a case and look what I found when I opened it

ok someone sold me a case and a set of DiaDario strings for 20 bucks, so I got it and opened the lid and said WTF?!?!?
    so I pulled another bass out and compared.

the damn thing was made for a c-20 or something cause it sure aint a p-body bass foam moulding.

so now I guess I will have to find a nice c-20 or whatever small body fits in the thing or just get rid of it
    Last edited by amimbari; 04-29-2012, 06:41 PM.
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

That's nothing. I thought you were going to say you found a pile of shit inside of it

Comment

LOL...when all else fails, look for an opportunity!

Unrelated but cute:
      Took in a POS acoustic from someone that wanted to sell to me in my old store.
      Nobody wanted it, I didn't want it.
      So we made a small deal, he walked away with a couple of CD's, and I threw the case and guitar under the counter.

Cleaning up a few weeks later there was a substantial bag 'o weed in the string compartment.
      I...don't do that stuff.
      Gave it to some appreciative friends in the neighboring gaming shop.

Comment

oh now that's funny...years ago I used to put my stash in a case but by the time I found it again when I was saying " now where did that emergency hit go", it was stale.

and no shit in this case, although I laughed pretty hard when I found out the damn p-bass I bought it for won't fit.

Comment

Man, I thought you were going to say someone forgot to take the bass out of it and scored a major find for $20
          My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
            Man, I thought you were going to say someone forgot to take the bass out of it and scored a major find for $20
            So did I! That would have been awesome.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

well maybe I worded the title of the thread slightly wrong, shudda been " anyone need a case for a c-20", but it was a big surprise to me so the title still fits. ( no I couldn't see the foam moulding from the guys pics ) when I bought it or I would have turned it down from the start, but it was just too cheap to pass up.
              the strings are worth the 20 bucks and if I can't find a c-20 cheap, I'll toss the thing on ebay and take the same a/b compare pic and put it in the ad saying it will only fit a c-20 or equivalent small body.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                LOL...when all else fails, look for an opportunity!

Unrelated but cute:
                Took in a POS acoustic from someone that wanted to sell to me in my old store.
                Nobody wanted it, I didn't want it.
                So we made a small deal, he walked away with a couple of CD's, and I threw the case and guitar under the counter.

Cleaning up a few weeks later there was a substantial bag 'o weed in the string compartment.
                I...don't do that stuff.
                Gave it to some appreciative friends in the neighboring gaming shop.

hahaha, my friend had the same thing happen when he bought an old musicman combo, weed and 2 pipes. that shit was OLD.

Comment

Dude I thought it was gonna be somethin COOL !:think:
                  -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Found a family of dried dead mice in a case once.

Comment

i found a dead mouse in an old bass cab with a rear bottom port once at a yard sale for 20 bucks, could not figure out every time i really cranked the thing it stunk... till i opened it up.
                      those speakers smelled so bad i just gave up and threw it in the trash.

Comment

Used to keep my weed in my cases. Also the back of your amp was a good spot!
                        I like EL34s.

Comment

If its too tight a fit take a hammer and beat the foam to stretch it a bit.
                          If you have some adjustable wood clamps that works great too.Be sure to protect the out side of the case when you give it a squeeze.
                          Looks like a neck thru case so maybe trade for one that would be a better fit.Probably better than pounding that case.
                          Last edited by straycat; 05-01-2012, 01:12 AM.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I thought it was going to be filled with marshmellow peeps.
                            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

It looks like it's made for a JX 40/JX 45 or maybe a JS 40 because of the extremely short lower horn

Comment

Working...
                              X