No announcement yet.

After much debating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the same boat, a heavy refrigerator cab is fine if someone else is gonna haul it for me, but the days of the roadies for me are long gone, and 2 cabs is a pain in my back unles I really have to bring them both.
    I usually bring one 410 and use my SA car-sub 1x15 which is always in my trunk anyway...lol
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

lol roadies are always welcomed additions.

Last week's show was pretty nice. The tone I got from the jackson was getting plenty of compliments.

Comment

glad your happy with it

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
          Glad you're happy with it
          Fixed
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Those Hartke Transporters were great cabs. I got the 210tp, and it sounds as good as the pro line. too bad they're off the market now.
            Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

the XL that replaced them was not a step up, just another model. They sound the same to me
              I'm very impressed on the reviews for all the JS models...Hell, if they made a lefty version I would already have one ( or 3 )

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                the XL that replaced them was not a step up, just another model. They sound the same to me
                I'm very impressed on the reviews for all the JS models...Hell, if they made a lefty version I would already have one ( or 3 )

lol sounds like you lefties dont get much love from guitar/bass companies
                Think I might get me the 4 string JS3. Really are good basses, especially for the price.

Comment

only certain companies Zsrinn. If I had no love for Jacksons I wouldn't even care as there are plenty of others who do make them..... I have 3 Jackson lefty basses and I'm quite happy to have found those, but the only way I would be able to have a sharkfin neck on one of them is to buy a reversehead bass and the only one's I've ever seen are USA neckthrus.

Comment

Ahhhh I couldn't wait to get Hartke cabs BITD. I bought a 1X15 and 4X10 XLs new. I Biamped it with a New GK 800RB..in the 80's., They flubbed big time! They're not rated very high. They sound GREAT at moderate levels. But you'll blow them at a gig. Get the Old EV Prolines, or Carvins. They sound Piano clear at extreme levels.

I'm no fan of J/C basses..but the one above looks nice.
                    Last edited by horns666; 05-23-2012, 08:49 AM.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

still playing G&L basses Bill?
                      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
                        still playing G&L basses Bill?
                        No, sold all my bass gear. But I only get better everytime I pick it back up. But my next bass will be a G&L..always.

Ya gotta go with what ya know..

Hey man, did you hear Wolfie Van Halen on ADKOT. If that's him playing..he's pretty damn good!

Ya, I know Mike was always buried in the mix. That made it a prob, especially BITD trying to learn those parts. Now they have isolated tracks on Youtube. Then people covering everything, walking through the parts..that's not fair. We were on our own man!!

Ohhh did ya get that Vintage Explorer.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i wish i got it. yea mike was a better player than eddie let him play! i havnt really heard the new van halen but i'll look for it just to check out wolfie

Comment

"No, sold all my bass gear. But I only get better everytime I pick it back up. But my next bass will be a G&L..always."

you just guitar player now? guitar players are a dime a dozen! lol

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
                              "No, sold all my bass gear. But I only get better everytime I pick it back up. But my next bass will be a G&L..always."

you just guitar player now? guitar players are a dime a dozen! lol
                              1000% true !! I said this exact thing to my son. He switched from drums to guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                                1000% true !! I said this exact thing to my son. He switched from drums to guitar.
                                DAMN IT BILL! stop him ! we need more bass players! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X