Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSM bridge replacement for a JS3V bass

Hi guys!
    I recently bought one of the new JS3V basses (NGD thread with pics here) and have been making some upgrades to it. Not a bad bass at all for the price. I'm a guitar player, but keep a couple basses around for recording purposes. So forgive me in advance for my stupidity with bass hardware

I want to upgrade the bridge to get some more sustain/clarity/whatever and found a KSM 5-string bridge for a kickass price. My question is this: is something like this fairly easy to replace the stock bridge with? The holes look like they way line up but I'm only going by online photos. Has anyone here installed a KSM bridge on a bass like this, or should I have a professional do it? I do most of my guitar upgrades, aside from wiring (I'm colorblind) and detailed Floyd setup type stuff.... but this looks like it may be a little easier.

Anyway if anyone has any advice, hit me up. Thanks in advance!!!
    - Adam

well Adox, if the screwholes line up you have it made. pull it off put the new one on intonate and adj the string height and your ready to rock
    But naturally my first question would be why?
    I took a cheap stamped steel 90degree bent cheapo bridge and threw a Kahler fixedbridge on it..did it do anything to the tone/sustain...maybe the tinyest little bit. ( looked a lot better ) and that was pretty much it, and the bridge on that thing is not some shitty stamped steel monstrosity.

if it was me I would buy a Schaller roller bridge so you can finely adjust the string spacing.
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
      well Adox, if the screwholes line up you have it made. pull it off put the new one on intonate and adj the string height and your ready to rock
      But naturally my first question would be why?
      I took a cheap stamped steel 90degree bent cheapo bridge and threw a Kahler fixedbridge on it..did it do anything to the tone/sustain...maybe the tinyest little bit. ( looked a lot better ) and that was pretty much it, and the bridge on that thing is not some shitty stamped steel monstrosity.

if it was me I would buy a Schaller roller bridge so you can finely adjust the string spacing.
      +1

Comment

+2
        The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
        X