Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Good" price for Jackson & Charvel basses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Good" price for Jackson & Charvel basses?

Price range is quite wide, but what is an ideal price range for these basses today in 2010?:

Charvel 1b, 2b, 3b, 4b, 850XL (And maybe other Charvels too)
    Jackson 80's concert bass (And maybe other Jacksons too)

It would be also great to know what they costed back then when they were new?

Do you think that a Charvel bass or a Jackson bass is a good investment? I know that they are great instruments, but why are they so cheap today? (I'm not complaining though)
    Pointy headstock phobia? Is that the only explanation for their low prices comparing to other great basses? For example 80's Fenders and Gibsons are not cheap these days, so why C's and J's are? Do you think that they will be valuable after another decade or two? They were not cheap instruments in the 80's so isn't it strange that their value has not risen up? $100-$500 for a 20 year old bass is very low price if the original price was somewhere between $1000-$2000. Isn't it? If an instrument is a good investment then I think that C's and J's should cost well over $2000 these days. I'm glad that they don't, but am I the only one who thinks that it's kinda strange?

There are no USA basses... That is why they are cheap.

The best Jackson production bass is a CMG, which I believe is made in Japan. They need to bring back a USA production bass or do a USA Ellefson sig now that he's back.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

go look at the files on audiozone.dk for catalog price sheets. I have a few of my units on there in the gallery, and Henrik did a hell of a nice job setting the site back up after it crashed months ago.

nobody but jackson lovers like jacksons, so they aren't the most popular units in the world. ( guitars are a different story ) and don't ever compare a Fender to a Jackson for price comparison, it just don't work that way...lol
      as far as a old charvel or jackson jap basses still being cheap? Don't jinx it and Grim is right, if they offered a line of USA basses beyond 2 models only ( J.Cambell or Chris Bettie ) bass, and came out with a new line of 4 and 5stringers pointies in multi colors and configs I would certainly consider one as well as a whole lot of others.

I don't need to laugh any more when I see a goofball on ebay trying to get 600 bucks for a jap 2b.

I have over a dozen of them, and they were all cheap, but I didn't buy them to sell, I bought em to P.L.A.Y

I would love to see a concert-5 again jap/indian OR USA, NT, BO whatever.....

AND perhaps a lefty model or 2.....
      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
        go look at the files on audiozone.dk for catalog price sheets. I have a few of my units on there in the gallery, and Henrik did a hell of a nice job setting the site back up after it crashed months ago.

nobody but jackson lovers like jacksons, so they aren't the most popular units in the world. ( guitars are a different story ) and don't ever compare a Fender to a Jackson for price comparison, it just don't work that way...lol
        as far as a old charvel or jackson jap basses still being cheap? Don't jinx it and Grim is right, if they offered a line of USA basses beyond 2 models only ( J.Cambell or Chris Bettie ) bass, and came out with a new line of 4 and 5stringers pointies in multi colors and configs I would certainly consider one as well as a whole lot of others.

I don't need to laugh any more when I see a goofball on ebay trying to get 600 bucks for a jap 2b.

I have over a dozen of them, and they were all cheap, but I didn't buy them to sell, I bought em to P.L.A.Y

I would love to see a concert-5 again jap/indian OR USA, NT, BO whatever.....

AND perhaps a lefty model or 2.....
        Those two sigs are not USAs...
        I like EL34s.

Comment

ya I know they are not USA's, I was just saying that they might be "good" basses, but nothing like the NT Jap basses or the NT USA basses of the day. As soon as they lost the point, they got taken off my radar

as soon as Jackson makes something worthwhile, I'll be on the gear hunt again

Comment

[QUOTE=amsi;1384588]
            Pointy headstock phobia? Is that the only explanation for their low prices comparing to other great basses? QUOTE]

I think that Fashion is the main reason, also, and this more applies to J/C guitars (which I have a couple), but the Korean and Indian guitars (which theres alot out there now) are just not very good at all and actually are $100 guitars.

So people confuse the Japanese ones with those cheapies and feel they are only worth a couple hundred, which like people say is good for us, so don't jinx it haha!!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by tanpsi; 10-29-2010, 07:45 AM.

Comment

well someone is selling their white C5 ( not me ), and although the price is on the highside, I'm curious to see if it sells and what he made the reserve since the BIN is out-there-crazy at 700.

prices for some units are getting as high as guitar prices lately, and although I would have to sell my C5 and E5, due to the rarity, if someone wanted to give me 600-700 for either of them, I might just say yes....

Comment

so, the prices are up.. overall?? i haven't been watching it..

Comment

well watch ebay and look at the completed items, some simple very common units have gone for 2x what they were going for last year, and some units that were 2x last year are going cheap...to me there is no "consistent" pricing going on ever for these things..just luck of the draw when it comes to someone saying " hey I just paid 250.00 for a 3b", or "oh wow can you believe someone got 450 for a common 3b".

Comment

Working...
                  X