Charvel Eliminator electronics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Eliminator electronics

Does anyone know of a current preamp that kicks as much balls as the preamp in the Charvel Eliminator basses? I recently got 2 Jackson CMGs and not too crazy about the BQ30 preamps that come with them. Changing the pickups to either the EMG34p/EMG34j but have no idea what preamp I want to use, or just may have the simple volume/tone/blend setup. any suggestions?

I would do just what you said for the quick solution that would change the sound radically. I will say the 35P4 and 35J EMG set I have in one of mine sound very p/j like and zero buzz when blending in the j-pup or using it totally. --- or ---
    since the holes are standard size, there's probably 15 different companies that make standard passive pups that you could try and keep your BQ --- or ---

you could find an old j2000 on ebay somewhere and if it was the sound you like, you could sell your BQ to someone else.

I never rocked a CMG thru my own rig to a/b compare it to my j2000 stuff so I have no "oh ya I did that and it sounded like ______" reply.
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Working...
    X