Fusion V question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion V question

Hi, Im looking at a fusion V bass. At least that what I think it is and how it is being presented. It has a pointy headstock, paint matched, toothpaste logo, with the 24 fret neck with offset dots,charvel in the fretboard, and the angled fretboard end. Sounds right. But heres where I get confused. The body has rounded edges, not beveled, it has no thumb groove in the top of the pickup area. and it doesnt have the gibson-like control layout, or the top mounted hidden output jack. It has the open sided rail pickups with the active circuit. The control layout is a straight line of 3 controls with a 4th knob below the others, even with the j pickup. The body looks more like an eliminator but its 5 string with the "charvel" marker in the fretboard. Does this sound right? Or does it scream parts bass, or odd transition piece. I cant find a pic of one exactly like this one.

the white one? nope not a Fusion and your right on the 2nd 1/2. It's a E5 not a E4 with the groove.
    I assume it has those pups in it because whatever was in there he swapped out? Don't know if they used j25/j155 in them or not in 91 cause by 92 the Concert5's came with j25 and j155.

I had an E4 never liked the body on it, but as a collectible of Jap basses, that white one would be a nice prize cause they probably didn't make that many.

someone else will get it as I just don't have the cash or I would have hit the BIN when it was listed.
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

So, its an eliminator 5? Even with that neck? None of the eliminators that I can find on the internet have the offset dot neck with the slashed end and charvel inlay with painted back. Are you saying its an e5 body with a F5 neck? Or did the E5 basses come that way. I havent found another pic of one, not even in the catalogs.

Comment

Cbuff, your guess is as good as mine

I would assume they created the E5 instant failure body and since the F5 neck was already available, they used it on the "experimental E body" I said experimental because your right a E5 was never offered for sale from the catalogs because in 92 they came out with the concert5 under the "pro" banner with everything else, and the E and F series were long gone by then...

as to how many they made...who knows, but like I said in the other post, rare + cheap = GOOD! BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT...it's too cheap to pass up.

If you don't like it, wait 30 days and sell it to me at the middle of next month cause after my purchases last week, I'm broke

( I bought a white C5 )
        Last edited by amimbari; 03-16-2010, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Fusinator V?
          |My CSG gallery|
          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

The Fusion 5 said so in the 12th fret inlay. That would be an Eliminator.
            Could be a transition model, could be an early one when they were playing around with it.

Given the rarity of these models, and the painted neck, it's unlikely someone found two identical models to swap necks on. I swapped necks on 2 Jackson CVs once (one was really chewed up, so I put it on the chewed up body), but that was easy to match since the necks weren't painted.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well, its a done deal. Saved an additional 18.40 with bing cashback so all is cool. Now I'll probably sell off one of my model series guitars to offset the cost of the bass. Im trying to be all grown up about this. Besides my house is starting to look like Fett's trailer. :ROTF:

Comment

n.i.c.e.... I'm glad someone we know got it... and now I'm jealous -- what model series you gonna sell to me to offset the cost? you got a blue one?

like I said in the other post, rare + cheap = GOOD! BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT...it's too cheap to pass up. <<<< ALWAYS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                  n.i.c.e.... I'm glad someone we know got it... and now I'm jealous -- what model series you gonna sell to me to offset the cost? you got a blue one?
                  Ah, sorry but not a bass. I was thinking more along the lines of a black 1a that I have. Actually, I do have a blue washburn bass made from genuine plywood that I could give you a great deal on. Did I mention it was blue?:ROTF:

Comment

plywood? I already have 2 of them, and 2 of them is enough !!!!:ROTF:

Comment

I'd really like to see a picture of that bass you got...
                      From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

CB, since you didn't have it on your watch list and it's gone, just search completed items for fusion v

that thing is bad-ass and RARE despite it's cheap price....

no wait, here is the link for the "Fusionator"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

Im actually stoked that it has the proper case. I have a spare tweed charvel bass case I would have used but the proper chainsaw is a super bonus for me. It should keep it safe during shipping too. What do you think of that "finish crack" between the last 2 knobs.? Do you think it kept buyers away? Or do you think it was because its really an undocumented model mislabeled as a fusion to boot? Or do people just hate pointy head basses? All I know is that I think its cool. I wanted a bass, I love Charvels, how can I lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                            Im actually stoked that it has the proper case. I have a spare tweed charvel bass case I would have used but the proper chainsaw is a super bonus for me. It should keep it safe during shipping too. What do you think of that "finish crack" between the last 2 knobs.? Do you think it kept buyers away? Or do you think it was because its really an undocumented model mislabeled as a fusion to boot? Or do people just hate pointy head basses? All I know is that I think its cool. I wanted a bass, I love Charvels, how can I lose.
                            My other post was for CB(chowder) and I realized your a CB also...anyway you'll have to get it to see but the pic shows a little poly crack it looks like..i cant tell.

the chainsaw cases always fell apart and out the many I have only a couple are 100%, but ya unless some Fedex/UPS/USPS retard drops it off the conveyorbelt, the case will protect it. would a crack keep me away? fuck no and I would have used the BIN 10 minutes after it hit ebay if I just didnt buy those other 2. The pointyhead? that's a topic of years of discussion. I say for those who like them, fine, for those who don't, fine, but the pointy-haters outnumber us pointy-lovers by 50-1, so they wouldn't own it just for that ( WHY DO YOU THINK FENDERS LAME ATTEMPT AT A POINTY IN THE 80'S FAILED?? ) :ROTF::ROTF:

the FenderFreaks said that looked retarded, so they bailed and ESP/Kramer, and Jackson took over.

and to the last, mislabeled?..naw, anyone who knows what it is, knows what it is, as to someone who didn't know about that model., to them it looks like a jackson 5 string... I tease the guitarplayers here a lot about the older guitars being so expensive still, even though there are plenty of them around, but Jackson basses?, naw I only see em hit 500+ if it is something special like that crackle concert, or the 85 sanDimas peizo concert both on ebay this week....

Comment

My chainsaw case is on its last leg (there is only one latch left)Does any one know how to repair them? I was thinking about using steel banding strips approx 3" long to sandwitch the plastic and pop riviting the latch to the banding/case/banding assembly

Comment

Working...
                              X