Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson neck swapping question for the Pro's Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson neck swapping question for the Pro's Here?

I just bought a new Jackson DK2M (maple fretboard).I love the H H config. S/D pickups but I don't really like the Maple Neck.Could I use and replace the maple neck with a Jackson DK2 neck (Which is the Rosewood Shark Tooth inlay bound head stock and fret board.) I just don't care for the maple neck on this guitar.Has anybody done this and would there be problems in me swapping them out? :think:
    Last edited by Charvel Rocker; 06-01-2009, 06:58 PM.

I believe all of the import models share the same neck joint, so you shouldn't have a problem.
    Scott

Comment

Thank...

I looked at Jacksons Spec. sheets and they both look the same.I also when to the local dealer and compared the the DK2M to a DK2 and I didn't see any neck pocket difference.But I know some guys here know this stuff very well.That why I asked...Thanks Again....

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      I believe all of the import models share the same neck joint, so you shouldn't have a problem.

Comment

As Spiv said.. it should be a direct swap. If you sell the DK2M neck I'd be interested.

Comment

Thanks

I'll keep ya in mind.Thanks for the info.I think it is gonna look bad to the bone.Alder body with lower horn extended cutaway.Black in color.S/D pickups JB & 59.All Black Hardware.Jackson FR Lic. Tremo.Shark inlays on Rosewood.Matching Black Jackson Headstock wrapped in white binding on headstock and fretboard.I'll post pictures later when I get it all together.:idea:

Originally posted by atdguitars View Post
          As Spiv said.. it should be a direct swap. If you sell the DK2M neck I'd be interested.

Comment

I'm sure you'd have a line of people wanting to trade you.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              I'm sure you'd have a line of people wanting to trade you.
              agreed, i think the maple is much better looking IMO.. but if you like the rosewood lets see her when its done. Oh and i would probably be interested in the maple neck aswell

Comment

Here is a....

Ruff Copy of it!Tell me what do ya think?

Last edited by Charvel Rocker; 06-02-2009, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Yup, it's a DK2 now.
                  METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Yes...

I done it off of a computer imaging photo.Its a DK2M body with a DK2 neck.So when I get it together this is what it will look like.
                    Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
                    Yup, it's a DK2 now.

Comment

yea its really just a dk2 other than the pick up, but have u guys seen the zzounds dk2m? its a dk2m with a tiger graphic, zzounds has like an rr3 with a rr5 paintjob as welll, i really like their stuff!
                      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Okay Here She is...

This a Project that I have been working on and finally got Her completed late last night.I have aready plugged Her in and played Her and man She plays like a dream.The strings are close like a Ibanez and she sounds Awesome!
                        Here is what She is...

Black Jackson Alder Body with Lower Horn Cut Out.
                        JB SD Pickupin Bridge and 59 SD in Neck.
                        Jackson Lic. FR in Black
                        Jackson Black Tuning Keys
                        1 Volume and 1 Tone Knob.
                        3 way Blade Switch
                        Rosewood on Maple Neck with Shark Tooth Inlay.
                        Black Jackson matching head stock with White Bindind around Headstock and White Binding around the Neck.

Comment

I got a DK2M body and and three Jackson necks and Jackson style off-brand neck. All 4 fit perfectly.

So I took two weeks and all the geometry I could muster to get a Kramer neck to fit. Also two shims. It's all in tune and no buzz.

I have found that Jackson necks will fit in Jackson bodies. Charvel necks won't go in Jackson bodies without a lot of work.

The Body came with 500K pots and the SDs make this a very loud guitar. Only one of them is F spaced. I too love the H H but I like maple necks.
                          Last edited by j4vice; 06-13-2009, 03:27 PM.
                          JvicE

Comment

What's the point in buying a DK2M and replacing the neck with a normal DK2 one? Why not just buy a DK2 in the first place?
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

because DK2's come with the H/S/S pickup config. He wanted the H/H .

Comment

Working...
                              X