Who here owns or played a DK2m? opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here owns or played a DK2m? opinions needed

Are the dk2m's as great as some of the reviews say they are? How is the neck profile?
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

I don't think you can go far wrong at the price these are going for. I've played a couple - they didn't blow my skirt up, but they were of reasonable quality.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I have played one, they have the same neck profile as the other dk2 models. The one I played was a great player. Crappy strings but setup with really low action.

Comment

BTW - Guitar Center in NYC, 14th St had them @ $399 yesterday - I thought that seemed really cheap.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I have 3 of them. I think they play great.
          1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
          Jackson SLATQH
          Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
          Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
          Jackson DKMGT (project)
          Kramer Focus 1000
          Ibanez SDGR Bass
          Ovation Celebrity
          Martin Backpacker

Comment

Love mine!
            Neck profile is very nice. Slim, fast, compound radius.
            Can be set up VERY low, if that's your thing.

One of the better "new" guitar bargains out there currently.

Play a couple at a store and see for yourself if you can.
            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

Great guitar. Neck isn't TOO thin but I find it quite comfortable. It fits in my hand well unlike the Wizard 1 neck.
              Guitars:
              Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
              Ibanez S520EX
              Jackson DK2M

Comment

I've previously owned one in EDS. It's the only guitar I've bought where the factory setup was perfect. Wish I'd kept it
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I was thinking of buying the white bengal with the stock EMG's? Looks killer!
                  If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

i adore mine!!
                    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

I had one, which I sold to get a DK1. It was a great player and at times wished I still had it. I like the neck much better that the DK2 with the rosewood fretboard...much brighter sounding.
                      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I have a DK2M neck on my DK2 and love the neck. I didn't want another 2 hum guitar. The neck is very easy to play and has an awesome shape, but you will need to play it for yourself. I happen to like and play way better on maple fretboards so thats the way I went.
                        It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                          I have a DK2M neck on my DK2 and love the neck. I didn't want another 2 hum guitar. The neck is very easy to play and has an awesome shape, but you will need to play it for yourself. I happen to like and play way better on maple fretboards so thats the way I went.
                          I agree with the maple fretboard comment and playing better....I never cared for the rosewood fretboard on the dk2 and dkmg. THe maple is almost as good as ebony, imo.
                          "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                            BTW - Guitar Center in NYC, 14th St had them @ $399 yesterday - I thought that seemed really cheap.
                            You guys are very lucky! I never see such deals for new guitars here, across the border!

399$ for a DK2M, I would have got one!
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                              You guys are very lucky! I never see such deals for new guitars here, across the border!

399$ for a DK2M, I would have got one!
                              Yeah that is! They raised the price to $800 now.
                              Gibson SG Standard
                              Jackson DK2M Dinky
                              Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
                              Roland Micro Cube
                              Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

Working...
                              X