Sls-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sls-3

Hi guys i'm more than considering going for one of these beauty's, but I would like to know if anyone else has bought one or played one for a fair bit of time, to get a good idea of the gutiar..

I definately love the metal/ not so metal aspects this guitar has, the inlays look wicked to me, i'm not entirely fussed on the creme zebra pickups on the snow white model, which is the one i'm going for, I may change the bridge pickup to a Custom 5 either in white or white zebra, and i'll possibly keep the 59 for the neck but just change the colour...

I'm going to hopefully be able to buy it towards the end of the month beginning of may from one of the great dealers on the jcf, all of those guys are extremely helpfull though...

I've seen the video from jackson(chris shred's wicked tone too) but that and the one picture on DCGL are the only non catalog pics I can find...

So if anyone has pic's or info to share that would be great, the only major mod's I plan to do are the pickups and 5way switch for out of phase sounds, and maybe a push pull coil tap...

This is going to be a workhorse guitar that is going to cover a lot of tonal ground.....

I've played a fair selection of jackson imports if I see an SLSMG I will give it a try as they in theory should be similar in feel...

Any info or pics, or vid's appreciated, I will take loads of pics when I get it...

Both the SLS models are the same specs with the difference being the pickups. So they should feel about the same. I almost got an SLSMG but passed to get an SL-4.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

Thanks, i've been told the neck is mahogany too that'd be an interesting thing as i've only ever had alder/maple ebony, or mahog maple ebony neck through's...

So in theory it should sound warmer than the other mahogany one..

Can't wait to order it, definately considering sticking some locking schallers on there, not that the tuning will be unstable..

Comment

Working...
      X