String Thru DK2M?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• String Thru DK2M?

Searching the forums and the 'bay, but can't find one.

Did Jackson ever make a DK2M but with a string thru body/bridge in Eerie Dress? Or is this something that is going have to be ordered?
    I am in love with maple neck/ebony inlays/black binding and the PU config is more what I like. The Eerie Dress finish is unbelievable in person.

just Not a big fan of the trems~
    I have my DK2 to use if needed...

Was looking at the ESP MH100's but not liking the arch bodies.
    Possible that Charvel made something more to my liking?

I am sure that is my next guitar, but wanted to make sure this beast existed.

Someone please point me in the right direction :think:

I'd buy one if they did...

Comment

I don't think so. Your best bet would be to buy a EDS DK2M and lock the tremolo down.

Or, buy an aftermarket nut that will seat in a Floyded neck, a DK2M neck, and an EDS body that isn't floyded (if you can find one) and build your own.
      1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
      Jackson SLATQH
      Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
      Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
      Jackson DKMGT (project)
      Kramer Focus 1000
      Ibanez SDGR Bass
      Ovation Celebrity
      Martin Backpacker

Comment

As far as I know, Jackson haven't produced a DK2M without the trem. The DK2M was introduced in 2006, and the current version is the only version they've made. There have been a few limited edition runs with bengal colour schemes, but they all have the trem.

Like TexasRocks said, you could try to find an EDS string thru body and a DK2M neck, but then you'd have the problem that the neck has a locking nut.

I think there have probably been other maple boarded Jackson/Charvel models over the years, but I can't remember ever seeing one that has the black sharkfins and black binding. By the way, the inlays are Delrin, not Ebony.
        I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Buy a dk2t and dk2m, swap necks, sell the resulting dk2 and keep the dk2mt!

Comment

Wouldn't you have to sand down the neck where it fits in the pocket or the neck pocket itself to get the slanted angle?
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
              Buy a dk2t and dk2m, swap necks, sell the resulting dk2 and keep the dk2mt!
              Not quite as simple as that! As wilkinsi pointed out, the DK2T will have a neck angle because of the TOM bridge, while the DK2M has no neck angle. If the angle is created by the neck pocket rather then the neck heel though, it'll be okay.

The other problem is that you'd have to swap the nuts otherwise you'd have a hardtail with a locking nut and a floyded axe with a regular nut.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Looks like I am gonna have to deal with the trem to have that neck & eerie dress paint.

Comment

Originally posted by sixx_ gunner View Post
                  Thanks for the responses. Looks like I am gonna have to deal with the trem to have that neck & eerie dress paint.
                  You can always get a Tremol-no or something similar to lock the Floyd in place.

Comment

This is where I ended up.
                    No maple FB tho:

Comment

Cygnus I looked at that, but am not getting all fuzzy feeling the way that DK2M makes me feel.

that is an arch top right?
                      not liking the lil "pirahna" teeth either.

Thanks though~

Comment

Originally posted by sixx_ gunner View Post
                        Cygnus I looked at that, but am not getting all fuzzy feeling the way that DK2M makes me feel.

that is an arch top right?
                        not liking the lil "pirahna" teeth either.

Thanks though~
                        Yes, it is an archtop.
                        The piranhas are an acquired taste.
                        Looks like you're either in mutt, or custom shop territory.
                        I only post it because it is a great player.
                        Ah, well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                          This is where I ended up.
                          No maple FB tho:

I have one of these with the boost pot. I like it because I can change tunings w/o having to mess with the trem. It sounds way too different than my DKM2's, but fits in good for a back up and to learn covers...

Comment

Not quite what youre looking for but close. Not my auction BTW. And all neck angles are taken care of by the neck pocket angle. All the necks have the same heel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Dinky-DK...3A1|240%3A1318

Comment

Working...
                            X