Grover Jackson soloist Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grover Jackson soloist Q

I have a friend that bought one a while back in Japan when he was in the Navy how are these guitars compared to the Pro's.I'm guessing he bought it in the 90's.
    Whats the street price on these now a days?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

As they were made in the same factory as the Pro's, I would assume that the quality is about the same.

Keep in mind, though, that there were various grades of guitars sold in Japan under the brand name Grover Jackson.

I own a Grover Jackson soloist myself that I bought used a couple of years ago. I think that it was a higher end model, as it came stock with a Schaller trem and Seymour Duncan pickups.

Regarding the street price, Grover Jacksons can be had real cheap in Japan, but they might command a higher price in the states, as they are "rare"?
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I will get to see it Sunday is there anything different about these?

Comment

I have seen( not played) the Grover Jacksons go from a ps1 model to the soloist "PRO". I think they had more options just like we have seen with the model series.

Comment

The GJs were definitely all over the map as far as model ranges. Think of the entire range of the import Jacksons we've had over the years - like Rich said, from the Performers and Concepts to the Pros.

Unfortunately I don't know of any resources similar to the JCF for these (except the Jackson Guitars Fan Club - a Japanese site, but I don't know much more than that), so dating it by the serial would be difficult.

If the guy had the receipt maybe.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

And I doubt a Grover Jackson model would bring as much as the comparable Jackson model over here simply because they're such an unknown. You'd have to include a ton of backstory to bring potential bidders up to speed on the whole thing, and then field the questions about comparing it to the Japanese-made "Jackson-logo-only" version they saw at GC
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks newc.

Comment

Working...
              X