Upgraded Dominion and D2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded Dominion and D2

Does anybody have any new info on these yet?
    Seems like they are not on the Jackson website yet. The old Morton is though.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

I think the D2 just has dot inlays and the upgraded model has a scraped "natural" body binding.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The updated Morton apparently has an oiled neck now instead of finished neck.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        I think the D2 just has dot inlays and the upgraded model has a scraped "natural" body binding.
        The D2 also appears to be bolt-on and doesn't have the coil-tap switches. Maybe it has a rosewood 'board too? The natural body binding and oiled neck are great additions IMO.

Comment

Oh.
          I was hoping that the fully bound "black beauty" type was the d2.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

They should have offered it as fully bound, and in solid black

Comment

Yes they should.
              Would binding be considered a woodworking change?

Comment

Ugly. Me no likey.
                Neither of em.
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                  The D2 also appears to be bolt-on and doesn't have the coil-tap switches. Maybe it has a rosewood 'board too? The natural body binding and oiled neck are great additions IMO.

Yeah, it does appear to be bolt-on and without coil taps. Seems to have regular tuners instead of the locking Sperzels, too.

Comment

Anyone have any idea what the price range on that scaled back Morton would be? Maybe I could actually afford the bolt-on.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Yeah, it does appear to be bolt-on and without coil taps. Seems to have regular tuners instead of the locking Sperzels, too.
                      I hadn't noticed the tuners. It really must be an entry-level model.

Would you have prefered your MM1 if it had the natural binding and oil neck? I still can't decide if I like or detest the shape.

Comment

I love my MM1 the way it is! When it first came out, I didn't care that much for the shape, but it grew on me. I normally play in the classical position with all my guitars, never felt comfortable with a guitar on my right leg, but with this guitar I can put it on my right leg and it feels fine. It's very comfortable and ergonomic.
                        As far as the oiled neck and natural binding on the new model, I think they're a nice touch, but could take it or leave it. I am a fan of oiled necks, though. I think I'd rather have neck binding on most guitars than body binding anyway, but I don't care that mine doesn't have neck binding either.

Comment

There's a whole lot of (1) not caring and (2) love for the MM1 one in that post.

Comment

I know. I'm silly like that! :ROTF:

Comment

How soon do you suppose until we see the upgraded versions for sale?? I would be interested in seeing more pics that are not from NAMM.....the NAMM pics have too much dimness and glare to really see what new versions look like....plus pics of the back of the new necks with the oiled necks would be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X