Sexed up my Fusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexed up my Fusion!

I hadn't played this Charvel Fusion Custom very much lately because the frets were really worn and it played horribly, so I decided that this was the perfect time to give it a nice upgrade. I swapped the old neck out with one from a Jackson Fusion Pro that was in almost-new conditions (and with hardly any fret wear), and I'm really pleased with the result! It's now essentially a Jackson Fusion Pro, sans the JE-1500.

This is the "before" pic:

and this is the post-upgrade pic:
    Work is the curse of the drinking class.

wow! that looks 100% better.

Comment

Love that with the new neck on.
      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Much better!
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 02-13-2009, 01:46 PM.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Still got the old neck?

Comment

Already done that. Mine was with a Charvel Fusion Deluxe body. I like the hum / single layout better. I have an EMG81 and EMG-S wired for 18 volts.

Comment

Originally posted by broken_fusion View Post
                Still got the old neck?
                Yes, I still have it. I generally prefer having some extra parts on hand, you never know when you might need them!

Comment

That looks really good man.
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    Already done that. Mine was with a Charvel Fusion Deluxe body. I like the hum / single layout better. I have an EMG81 and EMG-S wired for 18 volts.
                    That sounds like a nice axe you've got there! Care to post a pic?
                    I actually prefer the cleaner appearance of a hum/single layout myself, I hardly ever use the single coils anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Special K View Post
                      Care to post a pic?
                      Hopefully someday. I had pictures of everything but my ISP wiped out my webspace. I guess I should have had a backup.

I love the inlays my Fusion neck came with. Really nice.

Is yours metallic red or a wine color? Mine is metallic red. I had Dave (budman) provide the special oversized pickup ring for the EMG81. It was working fine with a single volume, but then I tried to put in a concentric volume / tone, and have issues with the hole being too small and too thick to get the nut on the pot. I'm thinking of going back to a volume only but I've already widened the hole.

Stupid me. Next time if it's working fine, don't mess with it.

Comment

Hopefully someday. I had pictures of everything but my ISP wiped out my webspace. I guess I should have had a backup.

I love the inlays my Fusion neck came with. Really nice.

Is yours metallic red or a wine color? Mine is metallic red. I had Dave (budman) provide the special oversized pickup ring for the EMG81. It was working fine with a single volume, but then I tried to put in a concentric volume / tone, and have issues with the hole being too small and too thick to get the nut on the pot. I'm thinking of going back to a volume only but I've already widened the hole.

Stupid me. Next time if it's working fine, don't mess with it.
                        My Fusion is magenta, and it's a metallic color. It does tend to look darker or lighter, depending on the lighting, which I think is pretty cool. Nevertheless, I've always been a bit ambivalent about this color, considering it either tacky or awesome, depending on the moment. I guess I'm just fickle!

Comment

See your's is a Fusion Custom with matching headstock color. I think I'd keep it original because the matching headstock color is a cool feature.

I'd try to find another body for the Fusion Pro neck. I got my Fusion Pro neck attached to a PS6T Kelly (performer). The pawn shop that shipped it to me "wrapped" it in cardboard and the body got mangled in shipping. Still playable, and yes, the Fusion neck intonated with the Kelly body (both are 24 frets but the Kelly came with a 25.5" scale neck).

I found the Fusion Deluxe body for sale as a Kramer for $50.

Comment

See your's is a Fusion Custom with matching headstock color. I think I'd keep it original because the matching headstock color is a cool feature.

I'd try to find another body for the Fusion Pro neck. I got my Fusion Pro neck attached to a PS6T Kelly (performer). The pawn shop that shipped it to me "wrapped" it in cardboard and the body got mangled in shipping. Still playable, and yes, the Fusion neck intonated with the Kelly body (both are 24 frets but the Kelly came with a 25.5" scale neck).

I found the Fusion Deluxe body for sale as a Kramer for $50.
                            True, the matchng headstock color is nice... but IMO it's no match for an ebony fretboard, binding and MOP sharkies/headstock logo

Comment

call me crazy, but i actually like the original neck better... I'm normally a big fan of sharkfins, but i like the looks of the dots on that fusion... No offense man, just my opinion... Maybe it's just the angle of the pic...?
                              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X