Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Because Jackson won't make it the way I want...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because Jackson won't make it the way I want...

at a non CS price, I decided to make my own "custom" Jackson:

I'll take more pictures once I get my camera back. I'm also curious to see if anyone else has done this? I can't find anything on the net.
    Last edited by wannabguitarist; 02-16-2009, 05:16 PM.

why won't they make you a guitar like? That's Jackson's bread & butter. The CS would spit those out all day long.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      why won't they make you a guitar like? That's Jackson's bread & butter. The CS would spit those out all day long.
      I meant for the price a college student could afford I would kill for a CS 7 string

Comment

Nice! Did you do all the work yourself?

That mod would make the RR24M a real killer...
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

That's the beauty of fair-priced imports - they're very open to mods.

Sadly, Jackson has never fared well in the 7-string import market while ESPee and Ibenhad have cleaned house in it for years.
          It's not that the Jackson 7-strings were bad - I've had a DK7 and still have a DX7 - it's just the name on the head. Everyone wanted what Korn and Vai and Biskwik were using - Ibeenhads.

I'm actually surprised the Wolbers 7-string has survived this long. Maybe there's hope.

But I agree - it needs a neck pickup.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ESPee and Ibenhad :ROTF:
            Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

that fucking awesome looking!
              Originally posted by wannabguitarist View Post
              at a non CS price, I decided to make my own "custom" Jackson:

I'll take more pictures once I get my camera back. I'm also curious to see if anyone else has done this? I can't find anything on the net.
              "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Nice job. Did you record what you did along the way (pics etc)?

Comment

Looking good man got to say buddy!

Comment

Played an 8 string LTD yesterday its was OK. 7 or 8 strings just too many strings for me.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nooooooooooooo
                      just kidding... .. but am i really kidding ?
                      .. actually it looks cool
                      Last edited by VEGETATHEPUPPET; 02-08-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Actually I'd probably buy a COW 7 if they were 2-hum. I'd also prefer a Floyd, but I can live without it.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                          Nice! Did you do all the work yourself?

That mod would make the RR24M a real killer...
                          I was planning to but I didn't have the setup to route on the slightly carved top so I paid a local guy to do it. Glad I did too, the route is cleaner than the factory one. My only complaint is he used silver screws instead of black ones, but I'm really picky.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          Actually I'd probably buy a COW 7 if they were 2-hum. I'd also prefer a Floyd, but I can live without it.
                          I was hoping Jackson would have an import like that at NAMM, I'd be able to replace my "Ibeenhad" :ROTF:

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          That's the beauty of fair-priced imports - they're very open to mods.

Sadly, Jackson has never fared well in the 7-string import market while ESPee and Ibenhad have cleaned house in it for years.
                          It's not that the Jackson 7-strings were bad - I've had a DK7 and still have a DX7 - it's just the name on the head. Everyone wanted what Korn and Vai and Biskwik were using - Ibeenhads.

I'm actually surprised the Wolbers 7-string has survived this long. Maybe there's hope.

But I agree - it needs a neck pickup.
                          I really didn't like the DX7 I played, the fretwork was horrible. That's why I grabbed a RG7420 for my first 7. I don't expect the COW7 to last much longer with the price Jackson is asking for it. It doesn't play that much better than Schecter Hellraisers or Loomis', missing a Floyd option, and is less versatile.

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          Played an 8 string LTD yesterday its was OK. 7 or 8 strings just too many strings for me.
                          I was like that for a while, I still can't figure out how I would use an 8 without sounding like Meshuggah so I haven't gotten GAS yet (yet).

Comment

Awesome mods man! My local music shop got in a dk6 when they were brand new and I like it and joked with the shop owner that id route it for a neck hum right off the rack. I was serious though!

Comment

More pictures:

(those silver screws are starting to bother me)

(aww it's my kitty )

The new route is actually cleaner and tighter fitting (by a small margin) than the factory one:yesway:

Control Cavity

After some playing time I've decided that the Blackouts are superior to EMGs, but not $175 better if you already have EMGs. If you are upgrading to active then by all means get the Blackouts.

Comment

Working...
                              X