Jackson Stars .... Why do the Jap's get the goodies .... :-p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Stars .... Why do the Jap's get the goodies .... :-p

Man ... just check the new Jackson Stars Website .. and the Jap's just rolled out some yummy limited editions just for themselves .... :scream:

Linky --> ¥¸¥ã¥¯¥½¥ó¥¹¥¿¡¼¥º ¡Ã Jackson Stars > ¥×¥í¥À¥¯¥È

Pron preview ....

SOMEBODY GET SOMETHING! :hbang:

That Kelly is F****ng SWEET!

I wish they would bring back the KE with the bound quilt top and TOM.

Comment

2nd that.

Comment

Where there's a will there's a way... those are sweet!
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

i'd dig the kelly...
          their warrior is also really nice...too bad i cant afford a new one and no one is selling a used one XOOOO
          Own:
          '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
          w/e catches my eyes ATM
          More '90 Professionals

Comment

Those neck thru warriors do look nice, although 175000 yen doesn't get you any savings in the US over a WR1 by the time you figure the exchange rate and shipping.

Comment

The limited edition trans purple Kelly would be nice to own
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by laihojrxo View Post
                i'd dig the kelly...
                their warrior is also really nice...too bad i cant afford a new one and no one is selling a used one XOOOO
                saw this neck thru on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Jackson-Star...3A1%7C294%3A50

That Walnurt RR is sick and that ash one... man!!!
                Last edited by I Am Odin; 02-03-2009, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Odin View Post
                  saw this neck thru on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Jackson-Star...3A1%7C294%3A50

That Walnurt RR is sick and that ash one... man!!!
                  Ahhhh... if only i had my tax return

Comment

Didn't notice the red quilt RR before though I've been to the site few days ago.

Now that one quite tickles my fancy... I have to investigate!

EDIT: Kind of a shame about the inlays, didn't see them at first. But still, mighty fine... rearloaded too... and the price is very right, compared to the TN01 models.

EDIT 2: I just found out that my postcount resembles the current year. To celebrate this anniversary, I should buy myself that JacksonStars RR. Yes, I'm good with finding reasons to justify a guitar purchase...
                    Last edited by shadowcat; 02-04-2009, 04:40 AM.
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                      Didn't notice the red quilt RR before though I've been to the site few days ago.

Now that one quite tickles my fancy... I have to investigate!

EDIT: Kind of a shame about the inlays, didn't see them at first. But still, mighty fine... rearloaded too... and the price is very right, compared to the TN01 models.

EDIT 2: I just found out that my postcount resembles the current year. To celebrate this anniversary, I should buy myself that JacksonStars RR. Yes, I'm good with finding reasons to justify a guitar purchase...
                      I'm just waiting to hear that the Custom shop is 100% go, then I want to price out my king v or kelly (finally) or maybe soloist... good lord..

as I said prior to buying my fist JacksonStars "It's like crack to a junky"

MORE GUITARS

Comment

Eh, my excitement didn't last long, crushed by a simple currency conversion calculator tool.

With the distributor change to Yamano and the resulting price increase, as well as the Yen going strong at the moment, I calculated the overall price for that RR (168,000 yen plus 18,000 yen shipping, then adding customs fee and VAT) to come out at 2020 €.

And those current TN01 models ranging between 252,000 and 270,000 yen would actually result in a price of about 2700 €!!!

For that kind of coin I could even buy a USA Jackson in a regular german store... or I could save alot of money and buy one from the US (hypothetically speaking, as none of the USA Jacksons has the features I want).

I guess that's it, no more JacksonStars for me. At least I got three of them while it lasted.

Comment

For me, the features are the key. You can't order a neckthrough Custom Shop Jackson and get it for $2700, much less a 24 fret Rhoads with trans red quilted maple top, maple board, etc etc. Maybe if there was nothing different from an RR1/T, yeah, but then that's just retarded to do so - a Custom Shop RR1 - what a laff

However, for the features you are getting in that model, and for the construction quality, the price is fair. Your only other alternative is to hope a USA dealer orders one from the CS and doesn't sell it at $3500+ for a year or more, then lets it go for $2700.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Indeed, features are key. That's why I'll get back on waiting for the KV5 specs now.

While the price for that particular model is fair, it's certainly not a bargain, and considering I already own two 24fret RRs right now I don't feel the need to add another at that price point.

If the JacksonStars custom shop actually reopens I will investigate again. But then it will be a full custom shop King V for me and THEN the price comparison is a whole other story.

Comment

168000 is the list price, in which case actual store price will be 126000, as shown below

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/goods_detail.php?g_id=121556

Last edited by QuantumRider; 02-05-2009, 10:47 PM. Reason: posted link to wrong guitar
                              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
                              X