Yeah, I need some help here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I need some help here

Ok...to start things off, I know i made a thread on this but this one here clears things up a bit better i hope.

Does anyone know where I can get Jackson tremolo locking nut screws (top)? I've searched a few places online and ordered a few but they ended up not fitting even though the customer service person (who didn't seem to know anything) said, indirectly, it'll work.

A few weeks ago I lost a locking nut screw for my Japan-made Jackson DXMG (i was re-tuning...fell in a hole i didn't even know about in my room). I e-mailed Jackson plenty of times but that was a no go, e-mails kept getting sent back. I am going to call them tomorrow though, but I want to know some more suggestions or places that sell them for sure (in NYC or online). I'm going to call Guitar Center tomorrow as well to see if they have any around, else i'll have to special order it.

ALSO, anyone in the Tri-state area can vouch for any good repair shops? I'm rebuilding two of my old guitars, one im doing myself...eventually...and the other I just want it done already so I'm going to get it professionally done.
    Thanks for your time

Take one of the other locking screws and go to a hardware store and match it.You are talking about the Allen head screw right that locks the nut pad right?
    Any good hardware store carries them just make sure to get the right thread size.
    Guitar Center should have them too.Take your guitar and make sure they work.Length is very important to long and you'll dig into the neck.
    Last edited by straycat; 11-21-2008, 12:11 AM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The lock nut screws should all be standard. don't know why you're having trouble findint ones to fit. I've mixed and matched my Floyd nut screws and never had an issue with any of them working properly. GC should have them in stock. I know my store does.
      Gil

Comment

Actually there are atleast 2 different thread counts on those screws. Same length though.
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven
        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          Take one of the other locking screws and go to a hardware store and match it.You are talking about the Allen head screw right that locks the nut pad right?
          Any good hardware store carries them just make sure to get the right thread size.
          Guitar Center should have them too.Take your guitar and make sure they work.Length is very important to long and you'll dig into the neck.
          Yes, i'm talking about that allen head screw. Honestly I didn't even know hardware stores carry these things. I'll take one to my local and see what they have. I'll carry the screw and a washer to guitar center and see what they have.

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
          The lock nut screws should all be standard. don't know why you're having trouble findint ones to fit. I've mixed and matched my Floyd nut screws and never had an issue with any of them working properly. GC should have them in stock. I know my store does.
          Gil
          All the screws that I have were way too small but as stated by the websites "fits MOST licensed floyd rose systems" so I took a risk. Again, i'll check Guitar Center out. Thanks for the help guys! I'll update if I get the right thing..finally.

Comment

GC would be my first stop they should have them What washer BTW?
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

If not let me know, I have a few different sizes in my parts bin.
              'Howling in shadows
              Living in a lunar spell
              He finds his heaven

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                GC would be my first stop they should have them What washer BTW?
                Wow i just realized I typed that :hits head: i meant the block, sorry lol. And metalchurch79 if I don't find anything i'll most def. let you know. Thanks a million guys!

Edit: I stumbled upon GuitarPartsDepot.com...they have a locking screw for licensed trem systems that I think might fit mine. I'm about to call my local Guitar Center right now and see what they have.

Comment

Alright so i went to GC and showed them one of my screws and blocks and they gave me a new all part set for 15 bucks. my old blocks are black, my new ones are silver so i mix matched it, just for the hell of it. Thanks for the help + warm welcome everyone! And here's a pic of two of my guitars (blk dxmg + sunburst) just for the sake of posting one.

Comment

Good deal man, now you're in business.
                    'Howling in shadows
                    Living in a lunar spell
                    He finds his heaven

Comment

Working...
                    X