Jackson Professional info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Professional info needed

So I stopped by GC after work today and spotted a neck through Professional H/S/S for $424.99. SN is J000621 and has a made in germany schaller. looks like its missing the boost? (only 2 knobs missing the third) also has a Seymour Duncan in the bridge. Now the floyd has some rust (will try to post the one good pic that came out on my phone) and it has some nicks and dings in it (nothing that affects the guitars playability)

Question is....when was this made, and is this a good price?

Made in 1990 and it's one of the good ones.
    It's a steal at that price.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde06 View Post
      So I stopped by GC after work today and spotted a neck through Professional H/S/S for $424.99. SN is J000621 and has a made in germany schaller. looks like its missing the boost? (only 2 knobs missing the third) also has a Seymour Duncan in the bridge. Now the floyd has some rust (will try to post the one good pic that came out on my phone) and it has some nicks and dings in it (nothing that affects the guitars playability)

Question is....when was this made, and is this a good price?
      Sounds like a 1990 Soloist Pro. Nice... I guess it could also be a soloist XL? Are the inlays real MOP, and is the fret board ebony?

Comment

i wanna say the fretboard is ebony...

Comment

Looks like a soloist Pro to me. Grab it. The worst thing that can happen is that you may have to replace a few parts on the floyd. Big deal...

Comment

Looks like it needs some TLC and a good setup, but other than that a great guitar. Wonder if it still has the active circuit?
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

all that was in the guitar was a volume and a tone pot..looks like it had been removed

Comment

Still a great guitar.
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

Nail it, and if you don't want it let use know where it is Even an XL at that price isn't outrageous. The Pro you are, as RJ said, basically stealing the SOB.

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                    Sounds like a 1990 Soloist Pro. Nice... I guess it could also be a soloist XL? Are the inlays real MOP, and is the fret board ebony?
                    Soloist XL would have a much higher serial number, like J4 or J5.

J0 serial on a neckthrough with "Professional" on the head will always be 1990.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Some sad news for me....im not gonna be able to get the guitar, just found out my pay is being cut at work and with school starting my hours are already gonna drop so i just cant justify buying anything right now. Just so everyone knows, the guitar is at the Toledo Ohio store but it isnt listed on the guitar center used site

Comment

Working...
                      X