RR5 toggle switch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR5 toggle switch problem

Alright so I bought myself an RR5 back in December, which is amazing, but recently I noticed that when I switch pickups with my toggle switch, the sound cracks. Like, I'll switch to the neck pickup, and the signal will be gone for a sec, or sometimes theres no sound through my neck pickup. So this toggle switch keeps crackling and its really annoying...so is there anything I could do, or should I just take it to a shop for a quick fix?

Not sure if this will help or not, but I was having a different problem with the switch. Near the end there is some talk about the wiring and stuff.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...ht=pickups+rr5

Comment

I have that same thing with my RR5, I didn't know it was an issue though, but if thats a problem too, I might just take my guitar to a shop and get all this fixed over there.

I opened the control plate, removed the knobs and checked everything inside, but there was nothing I could say that looked wrong, so I might just take it to the shop since I'm not to good with these kind of things.

Comment

Try checking the solder, if the solder looks dull then it'll need re-soldering. I had that problem with my old Crafter, seemed to work fine after that.
        Gear--
        Jackson KVX10 Cobalt Blue Swirl
        Wesley Tartatus V Black
        Marshall MG30fx
        Digitech Delay
        Digitech Heavy Metal
        Digitech Wah Pedal

Comment

Working...
        X