Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My intro to Jacksons = Mission Impossible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My intro to Jacksons = Mission Impossible?

I'm glad to find such a great resource on Jackson's, I think I'm going to need it... I recently finished up a simple sucessful Ibanez project, so I figured I'd hunt down another project to keep me busy, and here is what I ended up with:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280209533525

The neck socket stamp says DK-EX and 8-1 and the item description says something about it being a Fusion model. I don't think I lost money on the deal, the pickups are worth what I paid. But I don't know much about Jackson's, I've mainly dealt with Fenders and BC Richs in the past. I'm real concerned about how to repair the bridge area, and finding a neck. What should my other concerns be?

Dinky EX, from 93-94. It's a 25.5" scale, not a fusion which is 24.75". That's a great price by the way, the guitars from that era are pretty good.

I'd go for a schaller trem, but you might have a little trouble finding an original jackson 22 fret neck. I dunno, maybe I'm full of shit. have fun!

I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

The pickups look like JH-2's which are like a duncan JB nice tone BTW.
      Not a fusion model.
      Bleed thin super glue in any cracks in the wood then clamp. Repair the missing wood and you should be good.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. What would you recommend for repairing the missing wood? Wood filler? Bondo? Hacking it out and replacing with another chunk of wood?

Comment

fill it with chemical metal, real sturdy...
          or else sanding dust (wood) and epoxy...

Comment

Working...
          X