Can anyone fill me in on the KV4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone fill me in on the KV4?

I'm new here, I've played Jacksons off and on for awhile, I'm currently looking at a KV4 I've been offered. Can anyone tell me about them? Quality? Going used prices? Etc.....

Thanks guys.

I believe MIJ, but here is a link to the 2001 catalog. look on pages 6 and 14-16.
    The quality of the MIJ is very good. Prices - someone else will have to chime in.
    http://audiozone.dk/cm/thumbnails.php?album=51

Comment

yeah, they are supposed to be nice guitars..not sure on the prices(I don't see them around too often?)

I just wish they would make a Pro and MG V series..

Comment

is this model discontinued?

Comment

Yes.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I had 2 of them. They are Japanese made, well built, and not very common. As for prices, it's hard to say since you don't see them come up for sale very often. I would say that in excellent to mint condition, a KV4 could fetch $700-800.

What finish is it, and how much is the asking price?
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Zeegler, any reason you would get rid of them, you said had, so im assuming you at some point didnt want them? Do you think they would compare to a KV2 especially for price difference?
              www.myspace.com/memnochband
              www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Originally posted by blackendvampire View Post
                Zeegler, any reason you would get rid of them, you said had, so im assuming you at some point didnt want them? Do you think they would compare to a KV2 especially for price difference?
                Well, to be honest, I'm not really sure. Around that time, I sold a KV Pro, an RR custom, and my 2 KV4s. The only Jackson I kept was my KV1. Thinking back, I should have at least kept the red KV4. It was a gorgeous guitar, and played really well. I actually sold my siver one to a buddy, and he still has it. It's become his main guitar. I think part of it was the Floyd thing. I prefer fixed bridges, and usually block my Floyds anyway.

In comparison to a KV2, there are obvious differences, in looks, and quality, but considering the huge difference in price, if you want a neck thru King V, you can't go wrong with the KV4. Like I said though, you'll want to chuck the cheap Floyd copy and put a Schaller or OFR in there.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                X