Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
    Sheesh.
    I need to get in the setup/repair biz again.
    I only do it occassionally for friends and myself these days.

BTW, Zeeg is correct about going too high with the nut. It can cause problems
    if it's too high. A happy medium is a a psychic wonderment.
    I'll lower the strings down again today..lol

Maybe I'll find that medium.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
      I haven't found the perfect setup fpr my KV Pro, too...
      Right now, I have buzz when I play at frets 9-11... Action is by far not as low as on my KV2.
      Damn it! I'll do a restring and adjust the Kahler + truss rod once again...

interesante..

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
        Thanks zeegler..

Your probably right.

I just got back from taking it to the music store. I had to use the buss since my car is still snowed in behind my apartment

The guy at steve's just looked at my neck and told me that it was over bowed. THen he adjusted the truss rod.

Told me it was fixed.

I explained how the action is set really high now, and that it wouldn't start buzzing until I lowered it down again.

The guy basically didn't want to listen to me, and didn't want to look at my guitar any more. He told me that if I wanted a set up it would be 5 days wait.

I tried to explain how I though that there was actually a problem, and he basically didn't want to listen to me, or look at my Jackson anymore..

So maybe off to a different Luthier tomorrow if anyone is open...

Wow, what a bunch of assclowns! It's too bad you're so far away. I could do it for you. I have done a couple of dozen guitars now. One of them needed to have the neck heated and straightened, it was so bad. After a fret level, the action is ridiculous.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

You need 3 wraps on the tuner shaft at most, you have way too much in the pics.
          You can fill the nut slots a re-cut the nut thats a much easier fix.
          The guy does sound like an ass clown if he didn't know that.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X